Chapter 8: CAVENDISH

She kept on blinking and thinking about where she could find shelter, where does Lucifer stay anyway? She was banned from Josh's house, Zuri had her own problem she didn't want to bother knowing how important this probably was, she definitely couldn't sneak back home that was suicide. She had other friends but wasn't quite sure whether they'd be welcoming her in with an arsenal. Gemma blinked.

Her eyes opened only to be attacked by the light of the glorious morning sun itself promising  to give a hot day. Gemma was startled at the fact that she actually slept. Her sub-conscious told her to skip school today and forage for a place to stay instead. The homeless girl pulled out her phone and turned it on, the first thing that struck her eyes was the 12 missed calls, all from Zuri. Her eyes trailed to the top of the screen and looked at the battery percentage 97%. I need to find a charging place, fast ... or else.  the thought passed by like a gentle breeze in summer as Gemma got up and decided to stop at Zuris to she what she called her for at 11:37pm, maybe she could offload some of her luggage there. 

The park looked more alive with the suns aid

The park looked more alive with the suns aid. People would enjoy a free day here to just come and relax. Gemma began her trek to Zuris, her mind still clogged with unanswered questions. She pressed the buzzer on the gate that was answered by her friends sweet voice. 

"You know, I had a feeling you were on your way here" she answered 

"Just let me in Z" Gemma scoffed

"Who is it" a thick voice demanded from inside 

"Its Gemma dad" the silver gate opened slowly and as Gemma walked in they closed behind immediately. There was an atmosphere of safety as Gemma walked into the house, greeting Mr. Nyx who hugged her in response

"Hows life my dear"Gemma wished her dad could ask that question 

"Oh you know sir school, being a teen"

"You haven't go pregnant have you?" he asked seriously 

"NO NO, definitely not yet sir" 

"So you here for a sleepover?"

"Yes sir" Gemma lied ... sort of

"OK then enjoy your stay and remember our home is your home so don't be scared to ask" 

"Yes sir" she passed him walking up the stairs leading to Zuris room while appreciating the fatherly love Mr. Nyx always gave her. The door she opened revealed Zuri laying on the floor starring at the ceiling. Zuri got up and it was like looking into a mirror only difference, the other had pyjamas on.

"Hy" Gemma greeted

"Hi Gemma" Zuri responded giving her a hug 

"So why did you call" 

"I ... I actually needed you here you know to support me and all-" Zuri's voice was dripping with worry and confusion. Zuri sat on the bed and Gemma joined her.

"Yeah seems like we need each others company more than I thought "

"What do you mean by that" Zuri looked at Gemma in confusion

"My dad has been loosing his mind he chased me out of the house and classified me as a trespasser, there is Josh, Lucifer the weird guy who just pops out out of nowhere , I mean i shot the guy twice for assassins sake, school as usual "

"Problems, they tend to spread around like a cold"

"You think I can stay here for a while until I find a place to stay?" 

"Yeah you don't need to ask G"

She tossed her luggage over to the cornered Masonite wardrobe and collapsed on the bed next to Zuri. A few hours later she woke up with a start,  and she was alone in the room. Piecing together the ideas she guessed Zuri was out on that mission Cavendish gave her. She got up and out of the room cupping her phone in her hand, the house was empty she was the only one there.She patrolled the house just to make sure Mr. Nyx was not working from home. Gracefully she strode over to the lounge and turned on the television in curiosity of what to watch. In curiosity of what time it was,  Gemma switched on her phone. The screen blinked to life as her eyes caught sight of the time 11:37am  her eyes instinctively went to the top of the screen to read the battery percentage,  91%. Gemma dashed for the kitchen, where most chargers were kept. The memory from her last official visit was still as fresh as a hot-cross bun. The charger entered the charging hole and a loud clop-clop-clop was heard from upstairs. There was only one logical-ish explanation ...  CAVENDISH. Gemma echoed the word in her mind with fear, only person she actually feared and the only she respected as much as Zuri. 

The horse rider spoke with his thunderous voice from the to of the stairs.

"Gemma Cortez. I have an assignment for you. This one must be assassinated, or else I kill YOU. You know I'm  more than capable."

Without further speaking he pushed a brown paper out an left.  

thanks once again for reading this book hope you enjoyed 

comments please and share with other assassins

be safe assassins YOU NEVER KNOW ;)