Chapter 34: It was close enough to count.

The only sounds that were heard were those of the slowly turning fans and the teacher that spoke to himself, under the illusion that he was teaching. Paper airplanes glided across the sterile class, bearing forbidden messages. The chaos rapidly increased but nevertheless Gemma tuned her assassin skills to focus. 

The Life Science class fell away giving rise to Maths period. Gemma let nothing break her focus until the period gave way to the Physics period. She sat on comfortable sofa-like-chairs, breathing in the chemicals floating in the air. Gemma removed her hair from her field of vision, sitting their absorbing the information like a sponge.

The bell rang, it was to be held responsible for the chaos unleashed upon the school by students who marched down to the field in their hundreds.

Gently, Lucifer hugged Gemma around her waist from behind. She instinctively craned her neck to see who it was before moving in for a kiss.
"She's my girl." Carter boomed.
"Keep quiet Carter, she loves me." Josh from behind Carter. Gemma broke free from the comforting hug as the boys got closer. Soon she found herself in a triangle.
"Gem. This can't go on, you have to put these fools to shame and tell them you love me and only me." Josh calmly spoke, taking a confident step towards her. Her eyes darted from Josh to Carter and swiveled back to Lucifer.

"Hey Zuri." She greeted from down the stairs. Gemma was lost but found in a matter of seconds.
"Gemma nice save sis." Gemma thanked her sister.
"Wait, you two are not doppelgangers." Josh gave them a bemused look.
"We had you from the get go. After all we needed our insurance."
"So you've been playing us? I hate cover." Carter spat
"Dont blow it then. Few more." Josh warned
"Anyway one of us is Gemma. If you really do love her tell us something that makes her unique." Gemma smirked. Silence filled the empty corridors.
"This is pointless!"
"If you wanna fall in love with twins you're playing a deadly game unless you can tell who is who!" Zuri snarled. She then flashed a wry smile at Gemma.

"My Gem. You're smart and creative and I know you from the inside-out. Come with me and you'll be happy, I promise." Josh smoothly talked stretching his noodle thin hand out to her.
"Gemma dont! Dont let any of us alter the brave, reckless and gorgeous person you are. You and Zuri have always been independent. Dont let that change now." Lucifer's voice was neutral and mesmerizing.
"Gemma. You know you-" Carter was cut off when Gemma stride to Lucifer anf threw her arms around his neck. She inhaled his musk fragrance as she buried her nose in her neck.  Quick, heavy steps interrupted the annoyed silence. They came from a lean man with a reflective bald head, his face scarred with a grimm expression. His tanker top, trousers and his military boots were as black as his heart and thoughts. He marched through the boys and halted before Lucifer and Gemma and knelt. Borris dared not to make eye contact with Lucifer, he glared at the ground.
"The Seven Swords have been stolen." His voice was just a whisper of fear. Lucifer took a deep breath and forced steam out his nostrils.
"Gemma I have to go." He stole a kiss before jogging away.
"Summon Lily. Hurry!" He barked at his minion.

"What was that all about?" Josh wondered.
"Beats me." Carter shrugged his muscle packed shoulders.
"Gemma, you cant-" Josh shut himself up when he realised the person he was talking to was nowhere to be seen.

                                ***

Night settled, stippling stars across the inky dark canvas sky. The winter wind howled, threatening to bring rain. The room was warmed by the heater, shielded from the outside world by jade green curtains. The jade green bed the girls sat on was littered with text books, exercise books and exam pads.
"Great I'm almost done with my final equation." Gemma mumbled.
"Ohhh just because you know your curse works based on emotions and shear determination." Zuri put on her jetblack assassins coat with a fully loaded arsenal.
"Well figure yours out too lil sis, just let me balance the hydrogen." Gemma calmly responded. Zuri gave a long tired sigh under her black cat mask.

"In balancing the hydrogen you'll unbalance the nitrogen, while you balance those you'll realise that potassium is also not balanced any longer and while balancing all that there's always gonna be that one unbalancable element." She complained.
"No. Not really, I balance carefully unlike you. Focusing on one element is your major downfall, you dont see a bigger picture." Gemma explained while slipping on her white cat mask and assassins coat.
"Lets just go before he comes back." Zuri scoffed and leisurely cleared the distance from her window to the next roof.

Thank you for reading again lovely wattpadders. Please comment and share with other lovely wattpadders. Your reades are much appreciated.
Please also check out THE ANOMALIES: AWAKENING.

STAY SAFE ASSASSINS you never know.