Chapter 33: Can we please just have a normal day?

The meat was stripped clean off the bones in a matter of minutes. Gemma scoffed when the raptor gazed at her.

The raptors reptilian skin began to peel off, shrivel and disappear into the thin morning air until Zuri knelt before her, panting heavily trying to catch her breath. Gemma knelt besides her.
"Are you okay Z?" Gemma helped her up.
"Yeah ... just ... just let me catch my breath first." She was still panting.
"You sure?" Gemma asked in concern. Zuri replied with a nod.
"Look me in the eye and tell me you're okay." Her twin demanded. Zuri turned to look her in the eye to say
"Gemma I'm okay."
"Thank you." Gemma sighed
"Are you alright, I didn't hurt you did I?" Zuri joked
"Its not fair, you always kill them before I can." She folded her arms and scoffed again. Zuri giggled and absorbed her surroundings.
"We better leave." Zuri suggested.
"Yes, we have to go to school." Gemma announced then Zuri imitated a barfing person.
"Anyway, how did you ... like transform and transform back?" Gemma nervously asked whilst ambling  down the wooden flight of stairs defaced by claw marks.

"I dont know really, it was like. It would not stop until I fed it." She replied in a low voice behind Gemma
"It would not stop until its fed. Mine works in a similar way, it doesn't stop until the anger is... it works through anger, basically." Gemma announced, now walking over to the dead woman's body to investigate the nasty killing bites and blood drained out. Zuri walked out the window, clearing her throat in attempt to signal her sister.
"Yeah, five more seconds Z." She mindlessly replied, admiring the corpse.

After a shower, light breakfast and pulling on a matching set of white shirts and denim jeans and jackets along with Nike shoes, they ambled to school. Zuri stopped in her tracks and stared at the golden sun through half closed eyes.
"Midnight Shadow's medallion." She sighed.
"Zuri, please lets go to school." She begged
"What's with you and craving school all of a sudden? I need to find my tiger, who's trapped as a medallion mind you, and all you wanna think of is school?!" She turned and walked away after yelling
"Zuri, promise you'll be back." Gemma demanded in a lowered understanding tone. Her twin stopped and pulled out her silver kunai glistening in the morning light. She slit a minute line her pinkie and waited for Gemma to do the same.
"Pinkie swear Z?" She asked
"Pinkie swear G." Zuri replied as they mixed blood, crossing their pinkies.
"If you dont come back alive, I'll kill you." Gemma warned watching Zuri jog away.

Lucifer isn't really a bad guy is he?  I mean he tried to help me ever since day one. Ironic how he's the devil, king of the underworld, king of hell. Nefariette, who is this person and how exactly am I supposed to awaken her? This isn't a Snow White and the seven dwarfs fairytale. 

Her thoughts were dismissed at the sight of Josh marching directly towards her in the mass of students. She froze in place until he reached her and gave her a tender embrace.
"Hi Gem." He greeted.
"Hey posh Josh." She greeted back and pulled away from the hug, feeling uneasy around him.
"What happened here?"he asked gently gliding his index finger across her curse scar. The assassin look away to reply
"Nothing serious." Nervously.
"Did you here? I helped the police capture Yin the notorious assassin." That question caught Gemma off gaurd, she scratched the back of her head.
"That's really impressive, awesome really." She complimented while they began walking to class.
"Yeah but from what I hear she escaped with her sidekick Yang." Disappointment dripped from his voice.
"Sidekick! I dont think assassins have sidekicks, more like blood parters. Sorry about that anyway." She pecked his red cheek. They walked into life science class, Josh holding the the door open for his love.
"Such a gentleman." The assassin joked.

Gemma halted in her tracks when her brown eyes lay on Carter sitting directly infront of Lucus Uciferlwayne aka Lucifer.
"You two are late, take a seat." The teacher instructed with a voice as blank and boring as his classroom. The two rushed to take seats on the plastic chairs behind wooden defaced desks. The lesson on the female anatomy was resumed. With a voice softer than a lalaby it was easy to lose focus it this class. Kayla gently tapped Lucifer's shoulder six times before he could turn and greet her.
"Gemma, hey." He winked
"Hey. Lucifer, listen I need your help." She whispered.
"Sure thing. At break, anything for you." He winked his vermilion eye again. Josh cleared his throat, glaring at Gemma who rolled her eyes in response.

Thanks for reading this far guys, it means a lot to me. Please comment and share with other lovely wattpadders liker yourselves. I hope you you enjoyed as much as I did. Next chapter coming soon.

STAY SAFE ASSASSINS you never know
♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥