Chapter 11: Part 1 - Getting Ready

Recap:

"Wait people? dinner? tonight? since when?"

"Oh she asked me on Wednesday, but then I heard about this bake sale and I had work and it completely slipped my mind, sorry. We are supposed to be there at 7pm so we will be leaving at 6:30, now go upstairs do your homework, have a shower and please put some effort into your appearance for tonight." She said, sounding exasperated.

I let out a huge groan before stomping up to my room.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Luckily I didn't have any homework this weekend, thank the moon goddess, so instead I spent the next few hours texting my friends before I realised it was already 5:30pm.

"Shit! Mom will kill me if I'm not ready." I say to myself, before running into the bathroom to have a shower.

Mom came in about an hour ago and told me they know that we are shifters, as she had to ask permission to stay on their land, because she just so happens to be working with, you know, the pack's Luna, no biggie! She said she explained our situation about how we are running away from an abusive alpha (obviously leaving out certain parts about him being her mate and our sperm donor and me being magical and other unimportant stuff), which lead to the Luna offering her a job at her store, and which means I am allowed to let down my guard that disguises our scent which im normally only allowed to do at home, and damn it feel great! It only takes a little bit of energy to cast the spell but since its going almost all day it takes a lot out of a girl (hence the whole eating heaps of food thing), and without it in place I feel kinda bare but also almost.... normal! Well as normal as a magically talented shifter can be anyway. Hahaha.

30 minutes later I finally emerge from the bathroom and walk back into my room.

And now to decide what to wear, oh the joys!

I spent the next 10 minutes digging through my clothes before I realised I have nothing that mom would consider suitable to wear tonight.

Sigh. 

I could always magic up something to wear, but I wouldn't even know where to start! Oh well I guess I'll just have to ask mum to find me something to wear, her clothes fit me and she had always been better at this girly stuff than I have.

I put on the one girly thing I own, my pink, fluffy dressing gown, before going to find mom and admitting defeat.

 ***********************************************************

After searching through the house I find her in her bedroom, already dressed and looking fabulous as usual.

"Hey mom."

 "Hey sweetie. Why aren't you dressed yet? We are leaving in 15 minutes." She said with a slight frown as she was putting her earrings of choice in.

I scratched my head out of nervousness, "Uhh... well... I couldn't find anything to wear and I was.... ahh.. wondering if you could, maybe.. help me find something to wear?" 

Her whole face lit up and she started jumping up and down, yes you heard correctly she was jumping up and down, with excitement, "Of course I will help you!! There are so many things I have wanted to try with that gorgeous hair of yours for years. OH! And I have the perfect outfit for you!" With that said, she jumped into action. 

First plugging in her curler, before digging through her cupboard looking for only goddesss knows what.

I stand there in awful anticpation for whatever fashion creation she will whip up for me.