Chapter 10 - Family

Warning - there is some kind of heavy and graphic stuff in this chapter, although I have to write it like that to explain just how bad the situation was in her previous pack. And yes you finally learn about her "dad" and her previous pack :P

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

When I finally got home I saw Jared’s motorbike in the driveway so I knew he would be home, and since mom didn’t have to work today (hence me having the car) I knew she would be home too, but it was more than that, I could feel or sense or whatever that they were near.

Thanks to my ‘super-powers’, as my *cough* highly intellectual brother likes to call them, I always know where they are or if they are in danger, which, let me tell you, comes in really handy.

“Honey I’m home!” I called as I walked through the door. I closed my eyes as the most amazing smells assaulted my senses.

My mom is literally THE BEST COOK EVER!! As in she used to win competitions and run this awesome catering company… but that was before. Now things like that are too traceable and would only make it easier for him to find us, which is why she has to stick to finding whatever job she can, usually in whatever bakery, or anything of the like, she can find.

Who is this mysterious him I speak of? Well that would be none other than sick, psychotic, good for nothing, greedy bastard who just to happens to be the sperm donor who brought Jared and I into the world. Why not father, you ask? Also a valid question.

Even before I turned 15, I never regarded him as my father. Sure mom is his mate but he only stuck around until I was 8 months old, wanting nothing to do with his mate anymore as he "had become bored with her and required someone... younger, to satisfy his needs" as he so eloquently put it, and being the asshole that he is he moved us all into another house on the pack land.

Mom doesn't know that I know that.

Although a couple of nights after we ran away I heard her crying once she thought Jared and I were asleep. All I wanted was to know what was wrong so I could make it better, so figured now I have these almighty powers surely I would be able to look her mind, but due to my lack of experience I couldn't stop the memories that bombarded my mind, all of the hurt her mate had caused her, all the conversations, images, memories and one seemingly simple question, why? Why did he do it?

My guess is that he has an empty space where his heart is meant to be and a pea where his brain is supposed to be. Its the only logical explanation.

Since I had never really met him or had a chance to know him, I didn’t miss not having him around, besides, mom gave us all the love we could possibly need and more. I just hated him purely because of the fact that he hurt mom. She was, and still is, the most amazing, happy, care-free, loyal, devoted and loving person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and I couldn't be happier that she was my mom, I just can't understand why anyone would t want someone like her in their life and willingly push her away.

Anyway, things only got really bad the New Year after I turned 14, because that was when the asshole's father died in a rogue attack and he took over as alpha. From that point on what he wanted, he got. 

Everyone in our pack, the Black Moon pack, knew about the situation with my sperm donor and my mom, and well as his greedy and unsavoury habits, although it was just something that was never talked about and it wasn’t like anyone could do anything about it once he became our alpha.