Chapter 6 - Lights, Camera, Action! (Updated)

Okay I haven't actually updated this chapter just some information in my authors note at the end about how and when the wolves in my story change. So please read :)

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

The next couple of weeks flew by as I settled into my new school. The walls I had built up so as to not allow myself to get close to anyone, were slowly being chipped away at by my new group of friends.

Even saying the word friends is weird. I have gone so long without them, that I didn't realise how much I missed having someone else to talk to and confide in, that wasnt my mum or my brother.

My plan for getting Raven and Vince together required me to wait a couple of weeks before being put into action, and even after those few weeks neither of them had come any closer to admitting their feelings, hence the reason it was my duty as their friend to give them both a nudge, or rather a large shove in this case, in the right direction.

Ugh, the start of a new week. The weekend is so far away and I am so not a monday person.

When I finally got to school, Raven met me at my locker, just as she had been doing every day for the last 2 weeks. I really didn't understand how she could be so bubbly and energetic at this time of morning, but I was slowly getting used to it, and at least her consant attempts to keep up a conversation with me helped me stay conscious.

Over the weekend Max and I had decided we had waited long enough and now it was time to put my plan into action.

"Hey Raven?" I said cutting off what she was about to say, I guess I should feel bad but since I had no idea what she was talking about in the first place I just figured it musn't have been overly important.

"Yeah?" She replied, not seeming to care how I just cut her off.

Oh well I guess it's now or never. "I have a confession to make, I need someone to talk to about it and  since I'm still kinda new here and your my only girl friend that I could talk to you about it?" Making sure to seem kind of shy and insecure about what I was about to say, when really I was grinning like a cheshire cat on the inside.

"Of course! Why would you even ask that?! You know you can talk to me about anything. I know we havent known each other for that long but you already feel like a sister to me, and as you know we are best-friend soul mates!" She finished with a grin. But she wasn't wrong, it really did feel that way with our friendship. Sure I had had other friends at some of my first schools, but nothing came close to how comfortable I felt with Raven, I really did feel like I could tell her anything... well almost anything.

I started to feel guilty about what I was about to do, but I figured she would thank me for it later.

"Okay... well Ikindofreallylikevinceandiwanttoaskhimout." I said really quickly before catching my breath.

Raven just looked at me with a confused expression on her face, "Could you please repeat that last part, because I did not catch a word of what you just said." She giggled.

I took another deep breath, "Okay so I really like Vince and I want to ask him out, if that okay with you?" I repeated more slowly.

Her sharp intake of breath and pained expression that quickly flashed across her face was enough of an answer for me and completely contradicted what she said next, "Of course its fine, why do you have to ask me for permission? I'm not your mum." She said with a strained laugh, attempting to lighten her mood.