Chapter 4 - MINE! (Updated)

As I walked into the cafeteria my first thought was, 'FOOD! At last!'

At last, my love has come along

My lonely days are over

And life is like a song

Oh, yeah, at last

The skies above are blue

My heart was wrapped up in clovers

The night I looked at you

I found a dream that I could speak to

A dream that I can call my own

I found a thrill to rest my cheek to

A thrill that I have never known

Oh, yeah when you smile, you smile

Oh, and then the spell was cast

And here we are in heaven

For you are mine

At last

Let me tell you I eat A LOT of food, a) because im a shifter, and b) using my powers makes me burn the food off even faster than regular shifters, which is why my tray was packed full with chips, pizza, a hamburger, tater tots, chocolate mousse and choc-chip cookies and I was still able to look like I do; which if I do say so myself is smokin'! Not that i would ever actually let anyone see what lies beneath the hoodie and loose fitting jeans because i cant afford to make connections with anyone due to the fact that i will have to up and leave after a few months.

And so, that was how Raven found me; standing in line humming At Last by Etta James, which I thought accurately summed up my love for food.

"Wow that's a lot of food! And I thought my brother and I ate a lot." Raven said, whilst eyeing up my pile of delicious food.

"Yeah, I have a fast metabolism." I said with, what I hoped was a convincing smile. That was my usual excuse that I gave to people who questioned the amount of food I ate, but for some reason I felt bad lying about it to a girl I have known for less than 24 hours. "Oh and who's your brother?"

"My brother would be the man-whore over there." She said whilst pointing to the over-crowded table filled with girls in cheerleadings uniforms, guys donning letterman jackets and wannabes hoping to be initiated into the inner circle, aka The Popular table.

"That doesnt really narrow it down you know." I said with a laugh, while I paid for my food and Raven started leading me over to a table.

"Oh right, well just find the one that has Ella rubbing herself against him, and you have got your man." She said, not trying at all to conceal her disgust. "He's my brother, and I love him, but I swear he has the worst taste in women, if only he could go out with a nice girl, someone like you for instance."

I laughed awkwardly, If only she knew. "Yeah because I am pretty awesome, any guy would be lucky to have me." Trying to cover up my awkwardness which, luckily, Raven didn't seem to notice.

"Haha, yeah thats pretty much his mentality about women as well. See you guys would be perfect together." She said teasingly.

"Oh ha ha! Your just hilarious." I said, sticking my tongue out at her, and her doing the same thing right back at me, breaking the awkward tension that only I was feeling.

As we were walking up to the table with Vince and Max already sitting there digging into their food, I finally took another look at the Popular table, and saw exactly what Raven was describing, Ella rubbing herself, unabashedly, all over a very familiar looking boy. And as if he could feel my gaze, he turned his head in my direction. When our eyes met across the room, my eyes narrowed into slits and a low growl accidently escaped my lips.

How dare she touch our mate! MINE! 

My wolf was howling at me, and urging me to go over there and teach that bitch a lesson for doing that with our mate, but I knew I couldn't do that, it would give me away and attract more unwanted attention. Besides she knew it didn’t really mean anything, it takes a lot more than just kissing to consummate a mating bond. Besides you can only have pups with your mate and no-one else, which can make casual sex a lot easier among werewolves; you know, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Raven turned to me with a confused look on her face, before shaking her head and sitting down next to Vince. 

I guess the growl wasn't as quiet as I thought... oops! I thought to myself before taking the only seat available, next to Max.