Chapter 2 - Friends?

Luckily when I walk into homeroom there are only a few people there already, so I quickly walked to the back corner seat and slumped down into the chair that would be mine for the next couple of months that I’m here.

I pull out my iPod, rest my head in my hands and listen to some music while waiting for the teacher to walk in.

I mumble here when i hear my name called, and the next thing I know someone is tapping me on the shoulder.

Damn I was having a nice rest and you had to go and interrupt it, this had better be important.

“Hey loser. Wake up.” Says a snarky voice from above me.

Great! I’m sure this is going to be so much fun!

I lift my head up to find myself staring at what seems to be a real life Barbie doll, minus the pink.

"Okay seriously?! Stop staring at me like that, I'm not a lesbian so don't go getting any ideas! Oh and by the way I heard that you had the nerve to talk to my boyfriend. I guess he took pity on you,that's the only reason I can think of that he would actually want to talk to you. He's just such a sweet guy but you had better stay away from him loser.. or else." She said in what seemed to be one breath.

Wow. Just... wow. Well considering the only person I have talked to today is Noah, that must be who she is talking about.

"Okay first of all barbie, just to clear things up I'm not a lesbian, and yes I talked, albeit reluctantly, to your boyfriend. Why you ask? Well we just so happened to bump into each other as we walked around the corner, which, trust me, is the only reason I was talking to him. And the fact that you are warning me to stay away tells me that you are threatened by me, and I'm flattered, really, but quite frankly just not interested in your boy toy..." Yeah keep telling yourself that. "...so he's all yours. Congratulations and have a nice life." I said with a smile as I walked out of the classroom, leaving barbie standing there with her mouth hanging open.

As I'm walking away I take a look and try and make sense of my schedule:

First  - AP English - Mr. Abernathy

Second - AP Chemistry - Mrs. Silvers

Third - History - Ms. Grace

Lunch hour

Fourth - Calculus - Mr. Fredrickson

Study Hall

Sixth - Gym - Mr. Jones

"Oh my gosh! You are my hero!" says a voice from beside me, with way too much enthusiasm, just before I catch her scent, "Oh and my new best friend of course! The way you stood up to Ella back there was amazing!..."

Huh I guess barbie really does have a name. Ella? Nope I don't like it she will forever be known to me as barbie.

"...I mean did you see her face? It was priceless!" She says before stepping out in front of me and offering her hand, "Hi I'm Raven, and you must be Mya. Nice to meet you."

As I shake her hand I sneak a quick look at the way to happy and over enthusiastic girl in front of me, with her dark, conveniently coloured, raven hair, dark blue jeans, bright red blouse and a gorgeous pair of dark blue Chuck Taylors.

"Hi nice to meet you too... I guess, and how do you know my name exactly?" I asked her.

"Are you kidding? What you did has already circulated around the whole school! You're practically legendary for standing up to Ella the way you did...."

Yay more attention and more reasons for people to stare at me! 

"...Everyone has been wanting to say something to that bitch for years but everyone is afraid of what might happen because of the fact that she's......"

"She's what?"

"...Because she's such a bitch is all." She said with an awkward laugh.

I wonder why everyone is scared of her? I mean sure shes a wolf, I picked up on that, but what makes her different from everyone else?....No, surely she couldn't be.... like me? Never mind Mya, its none of your business. Its not like you'll be here long enough to worry about it anyway.

"Yeah I picked up on that." I reply with a laugh, pretending to ignore her almost slip-up and accept her explanation, "You wouldn't happen to know where Mr. Abernathy's class is, would you?" I ask changing the subject.

"Here let me have a look at your schedule." she says while already in the process of taking it out of my hands, "YAY! I'm in English, History and Calc with you. It looks like this friendship was just meant to be!" she said with a squeal of what I assumed was excitement. "Okay so I don't know anyone in your study hall but Vince is in Chem and Max is in Gym with you. Isn't that great?!"

"Ummm Vince and Max are......?"

"Oh right sorry. They are my two friends, and as of right now they are yours too! Speak of the devils...." She said trailing off and looking at the two guys approaching us. 

The one on the left was cute in a nerdy way with his short brown hair, glasses, washed out jeans,Hightop chucks, and a shirt that said 'Live Long and Prosper'. Well at least he has good taste in movies. The other guy was just plain cute. He wore a simple blue shirt that showed off his defined arms, dark jeans, a pair of AV6's, had a mop of sandy, blonde hair and the most captivating green eyes.

"So which one is which?"

"Oh that's Max on the right and the other one is Vince." she said, her gaze lingering on Vince. I think someone has a crush!

"Hey Raven" They both said when they reached us. Vince's gaze lingering on her... ah so the feelings are mutual, I wonder if they even realise... while Max not so subtly checks me out.  

"So you would be?" Max asks.

"I'm Mya"

"Ahh so your the new kid that stood up to Ella. Nice work by the way."

"Urm.. thanks I guess."

"Okay guys, since Mya doesn't know anyone yet, we are now her friends. Vince you are in chem with her second period and Max you are in gym with her last, any questions? No? Okay great. Now we have that sorted out lets get to class." she said, and before they even had time to answer she linked her arm through mine and dragged me off to class, calling out 'see you later' over her shoulder.