Chapter 16

"What the hell is going on?!"

Hunter jumped up and widened his eyes when he saw me. "I thought you were with Cassy?!"

"I was until my stomach had so much pain that I had to come home!"

"I swear Zoe it's not what it looks like!"

"Then tell me Hunter, tell me what it does look like!"

He was speechless. "I thought so" 

I ran upstairs while texting Cassy to come and pick me back up. Once again, I packed clothes, Maxx's things, and teddy. "Please Zoe! Don't go!"

"You can't stop me ok Hunter! We're just roommates that's it!"

Cassy's horn beeped out side and I pushed Hunter out of the way with Maxx following me while he growled at Hunter. I had tears running down my face as I got in the passenger seat with Maxx sitting on my lap.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED ZO?!"

"I'll tell you on the way! I don't want him trying to stop me again"

She nodded and backed out of the driveway as fast as she could and started speeding down the street. I explained everyting to her. About Martha, about how Hunter changed, and about that slut I found all over him on the couch.

"Zoe. I am so sorry. I wish you never meant him! I know you lo-... liked him but now, he's just a complete ass whole and you don't need him!"

I bit my bottom lip, trying to keep the tears from falling while looking out the window as the rain ran down the glass. When we got to her house, she showed me to my room and I told her that I just wanted to sleep.

I couldn't sleep though. I sat on the little couch that was connected to the couch near the window. Staring out the window, I thought back to the first time I ever meant Hunter. How I thought he was going to be trouble. Then, I found out he wasn't the ass whole I thought he would be. But, here I am now!

My thoughts were pulled back to reality when Maxx rested his chin on my leg and stared up at me wimpering. I smiled and lifted him in my arms, hugging him. "At least you're there for me Maxx"

He barked and licked my cheek. I decided it was time to stop watching the rain like an idiot and try to sleep.

At about, midnight, I was still awake trying to sleep. I saw Maxx was sleeping peacfully. I got out of bed carefully grabbing my hoodie and converse. I opened the door and looked down the hall, not hearing any TV or people talking. I quietly made my way down the stairs and outside.

Putting my hood above my head and my hands in my pockets, I made my way down the sidewalk, not knowing where I was going. I needed to be away from all this bull shit. Hunter changed my life in good and bad ways. I never said swears and now here I am saying ass, shit, and bitch. I never had my heart broken but here I am with my heart falling to peices. 

But I never had someone like Hunter. He let me in when my parents were jerks. He gave me this neclace. He took care of me. He protected me when he said he didn't care. But he cheated. He lied! 

I bumped into someone and looked up noticing it was Hunter's dad. "You never walk this way? What did my son do to you?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because" he put his arm around my shoulder and started walking. 

"Now I can finally tell you this without having to worry about you saying 'no'"

"What is that"?

"We've seen how strong you are. And we thought you would be good to have with us in our gang!"

I looked at him like he had four heads. "Are you serious?"

"Yes I am. So what do you say Zoe"?

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Thanks 4 reading!!! <33