Behind The Doctor's Back

Hello readers!! Haven't spoke in a long time. Just a quick announcement for you all letting you know that there is now a co-writer for Two Of A Kind. The new co-writer is write2life. I would like to thank her for agreeing to be so and for helping me for the next few chapters. I will let you read on BUT be aware of the events that will unfold.

~Coco10~

The two Time Lords couldn't believe what they were seeing. WHO they were seeing. Astrea immediately emptied her mind of all emotion to hide the fear she was feeling. The Master started to approach them while the Doctor and Astrea still hasn't uttered a word.  The Master had shaggy, dirty blonde hair and had brown eyes and was wearing a black hoodie. "Hello, Doctor." He greeted.

The Doctor collected his wits and asked. "How do you know I'm the Doctor?"

"I sensed another Time Lord and arriving by a TARDIS is a big give away as well." The Master explained.

"How did you get out of the time lock?" The Doctor pressed further.

"Got out before I went into it. Had this on me." He showed them the vortex manipulator on his wrist then covered it again. The Master's eyes glanced over to Astrea who hadn't said anything yet or heard what they were saying. She had her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes closed, enclosing herself in her mind, blocking out everything around her. "Who's that?" He questioned, nodding his head to her.

"A friend." The Doctor replied, short and sweet.

The Master took a breath through his nose and said, "A Time Lady. There's only one Time Lady I know of that's alive. Astrea, she's called."

The Doctor's eyes widened. The Master knows Ast?  He thought. He turned around to ask his partner but stopped short when he saw that all colour was drained from her face and she was shaking slightly. Are you alright? He asked her mentally, concerned for her. He received no reply and decided he'd question her later. "Yea." The Doctor nodded. "I've met her."

"So, in other words, that's her there." He nodded to her. "Hello again." He grinned.

Again. No reply.

"What are you doing here, anyway?" The Doctor asked, drawing the Master's attention to him.

"Thought I'd take you up on your offer. See the universe. Remember? And you don't need to worry. I've changed." He grinned making his way to Astrea's TARDIS.

The Doctor followed but stopped and turned around to Astrea. He put a hand on her shoulder causing her to jump and her eyes to shoot open. She stared at the Doctor wide eyed. "Are you OK?" He questioned her.

The Time Lady nodded her head, too quickly to believe. "Yea. I'm fine." She responded and made her way to the TARDIS too.

The Doctor sighed and followed suit, shutting the door behind him. He went straight to the console navigating the TARDIS to drift in space while Astrea sat on the jump seat looking anywhere but the other two Time Lords and the Master looking around the console room. The Doctor put his hand in the inside breast pocket of his tweed to see if his sonic is there but see that it's gone. He remembers that he left it in the bedroom. "Be back in a minute. Need to get my sonic." He said before walking out of the room, causing the Astrea to stiffen and freeze in place.

Once the Doctor was out of hearing the Master approached Astrea with a grin plastered on his face. "Well. I didn't think I would see you again. Especially after the events on board the Valiant." The mention of the Valiant sent a shiver down her spine making her cringe. "But now we can replay those events. What do you think? Wouldn't it be fun?" Astrea remained silent and shook her head, eyes wide with fear. The Masters face dropped and he said in a low, threatening voice, "It will be and you will keep this conversation and anything else to yourself after this. Acting as if nothing happened and everything's alright. Do you understand?" Nothing. The Master grabbed her by the throat making Astrea take a sharp breath in out of surprise and remembrance. "When I'm speaking you will answer. Do. You. Understand?"

The Time Lady replied, shakily, "Y-y-yes dad."

The Master smirked and dropped his grip off her, returning to his position beforehand as the Doctor came back into the console room. He noticed a change in the atmosphere, unaware of the events that unfolded during his absence. He cleared his throat and said, "So. Who's up for an adventure?"