True Identity

Sam woke up with a headache. She looked around and remembered what happened last night and her dream. She heard a low voice in her head but tried to ignore it. It got slightly louder and without thinking Sam lifted the fob watch and gazed at it for a second before opening it.

Images of memories flashed into her mind as the golden light shone around her. Memories of her travelling the stars - her different companions, her TARDIS and the last memory of her, before she turned human.

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she finally turned back to normal, left with her thoughts. My name is Astrea. I'm a Time Lady. Last, of my kind. Age: 996. Home planet: Gallifrey.

Half an hour passed before Astrea left her room. Questions buzzing in her head but one stood out about the Doctor. What species was he? Amy and Rory were definitely human but the Doctor....Well I'll find out soon.

Astrea was drawn out of her thoughts by the Doctor "Afternoon Sam. 'Bout time you got up."

"Sorry. What?"

"I said 'Afternoon Sam. 'Bout time you got up.' You've been zoning out a lot lately, what's up?" The Doctor asked, popping his head up from under the console.

"It's nothing. I'm just thinking. What time is it anyway?"

"It's nearly three. We are currently in space at the moment. Amy and Rory are on Earth for a bit while I fix the TARDIS."

"Doctor, may I ask, what species are you?"

"Oh. I'm a Time Lord. Why?"

I'm not the only one then. Ast thought.

"No reason it's just you have a spaceship and weird technology that isn't around yet."

"Ah. Sam, can I ask you something?" The Doctor queried.

Astrea was uncertain but replied, "Yea sure."

"Who are you really? I searched your name and I scanned your body but there is no one like you. You don't even exist." The Doctor spoke as he took long strides towards her.

Worry started to overcome Astrea and her hearts started to quicken. She had to think of something and fast.

"Sam?" The Doctor spoke after a few minutes of silence, raising his practically invisible eyebrows.

I have no choice. I can't find a lie to that question.

"That's not my name."

"I know it's not you don't..." The Doctor began.

"And you wouldn't believe me if I told you who I truly am." Astrea looked down at the floor as she spoke the last few words.

"Try me." The Doctor said, a bit harsher than intended.

"I suggest you sit down."

The Doctor paused for a moment before sitting down. "OK, what is it?" He asked in a calm and soothing voice.

"Well...my name isn't Samantha Robinson." The Doctor was about to speak but Astrea put her hand up to stop him from going any further. "It's Astrea." The Doctor was confused at this point. "And I'm a Time Lady." Astrea mumbled the last few words but she knew the Doctor heard her. He was sitting there shocked not knowing what to say.

"Why?" He finally spoke.

"I only remembered not so long ago. Three, four days ago I turned human and opened the fob watch a few minutes after I woke up. I thought it would be a while before I opened it to turn back to a Time Lady but...I think there's a reason I opened it now." Astrea said, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.