Red Phone Box And...

Martha, Astrea, Owen and Ianto was still in their circle when the Doctor and Jack approached. "Right, we're heading down to the engines to get them up and running then we're gonna deal with that." Jack said pointing to the hole on the left of the ship.

"Oh! No need, Jacky, that's why I told Ianto to go  get my TARDIS; where is it anyway?" Astrea asked. Owen replied by nodding his head over towards the console to where a red phone box sat. The Time Lady looked at it concerned. "Why is it a red phone box?" She asked. "It should have changed to fit into it's surrounds." She walked up to the box and asked, "Why are you a red phone box?" By doing this Mickey looked at her as if she had grown two heads. Astrea heard a hum come from the inside causing her brows to furrow. "What?! Why? Why would you do that?" Another hum came from the inside and the Time Lady let out a sigh. "Fine. Whatever. Be a lazy machine you piece of junk." She strolled on inside and straight to the console; Mickey following to see why she was talking to a phone box.

Once inside Mickey's jaw dropped. He looked around amazed. "Wh-how-you have.. Are you an alien?" He asked.

"Yep." She replied.

"The same as the Doctor?" He continued.

She stopped what she was doing and turned to face him, deciding she should tell him who she is and get him on her side. She extended her hand. "Hello, Mickey Smith, I'm Astrea. A 1098 year old Time Lady from the planet Gallifrey, in the constellation of Kasterborous, 250 million light years away from the Earth. I'm here to help the Xolions and any other species in need." She said at 90 mph.

Mickey just looked at her gobsmacked. He stood silent for a minute before stuttering out, "He-he's not alone. Haha. I can't believe there's another one of his species." He laughed.

Astrea rose an eyebrow. "You're not gonna aim a gun at me?" She asked dragging out the you're. "Threaten me? Drag me back to UNIT? No?"

Mickey just chuckled. "Well, from what I've seen you're good in my eyes and if the Doctor trusts you then I trust you."

 "OK. Good to know. Would you mind helping me out here a second?" Astrea asked.

Mickey nodded his head. "Sure. What is it?"

Astrea began to explain, "I need to go get the Hablin Field. Thing is it needs micro-mechanic thexius energy transferred into it and removed as quickly as possible. Too much energy will cause an explosion the size of Africa. Don't need that now do we."

"In English please." Mickey asked.

"Just count to 180 and press that button over there." She pointed to the console before darting off down a corridor.

Once she reached the room that contained the Hablin Field she saw it aglow. She disconnected all the wires in it, quickly, before lifting the small sphere and racing out of the room. She saw Mickey still in the console room waiting for her, walking out together once she approached.

Astrea headed straight towards the console with the Hablin Field and started working on it, Martha, Ianto, Gwen and Owen asking what she was doing and what the sphere was. Tosh spoke up explaining what it is and what it does. "It's called a Hablin Field. It is used as an air shield and gravity shield to keep living organisms alive for a long journey, namely this one. Once the boys have the engines going they can get out of here and go back home with a big gaping hole in the ship."

Astrea took a quick side glance to Tosh. "That's exactly what it is. How did you know that?" She asked.

"Came across one once and did a bit of research on it." She answered.

Astrea nodded and finished tinkering with the console, putting the Hablin Field on it. The small sphere melted into the controls and molded into the circuits of the mother board causing a faint blue colour to shimmer around the ship.