Sad Ending Sequel Part 3

(Y/n)'s POV

Sebastian...I watched as he wandered around aimlessly, occasionally completing his daily chores. He seemed as lifeless as ever.

It pained me to see him like that. I wanted to talk to him, but I couldn't. It was sad and depressing, but it couldn't be helped. I was like a ghost, although I wasn't sure how I became like this.

It was straight after my death when I left my body and floated beside him. I mean, I never knew things like this could happen.

Did I have some kind of unfinished business? Tch, if I did, I should've at least been able to interact with the people I wanted to talk to. But no matter how hard I tried, Sebastian couldn't see or hear me. I couldn't do anything to him.

But if I remember correctly, Ciel almost thought he saw me. I don't know how nor why, but it was when I was following Sebastian. It seemed like he made eye contact with me, but it was too quick to tell.

I couldn't feel anything. No warm sunlight, no soft breeze in my hair...nothing. But I still had feelings for Sebastian.

Maybe it was because he couldn't let me go that I was here, stuck in the mortal world, unable to move on. I didn't want to have such a negative impact on him when I left. Well, I couldn't predict my own death but it still pained me to see how Sebastian couldn't let me go.

"Sebastian, get me some chocolate," said Ciel.
"Chocolate?"
"Hurry up, I'm not in the mood."

Sebastian simply bowed before taking his leave. I wanted to follow him, but there was nothing I could do. I might as well just wait till he came back here.

I hovered above one of Ciel's comfy armchairs, waiting patiently for Sebastian. That was...until I felt a weird sensation, like someone was staring straight at my soul.

"(Y/n), what are you doing?" Ciel asked.
"W-what?"

Did I just hear him correctly? Or was it just my imagination? He didn't just call out my name...did he? No, that can't be possible. Nobody was supposed to see me...

"(Y/n), I thought you died. Now you come back to my mansion as some kind of invisible spirit? What is this? Are you haunting my manor?" exclaimed Ciel.
"H-huh? Y-you can see me?"
"Of course, but I've pretended not to notice your presence. There's something that's been bothering me for a while...why am I the only one that can see you?"
"I'm not sure. I don't even know what I'm here for."
"Well, it's honestly a little disturbing having you float around like a lifeless doll. Tell me, what do you need?"

I thought about it for a little while. Was there something I needed? There must be, because I had to leave...right? Ugh, I don't know. I was probably as confused as he was right now.

"Well, if you want to know what I need...I need a promise."
"A promise? What for?"
"Promise me you'll..."

Sebastian's POV

*sigh* What could Ciel possibly want chocolate for? Just plain chocolate with nothing else. It was an unusual request since he rarely asked for things like this, but I wasn't in a position to complain about these things.

As I was about to knock on the door, I heard his voice. It was quiet so I couldn't hear it well, but I could make out a few words...promise...promise who what? Who was he talking to?

I knocked on the door and headed inside, interested to see who his guest was. Surprisingly, there was no one inside except for the young master. Strange...

"I have brought your chocolate."
"You may leave," he said half-heartedly after taking the chocolate from me.
"There has been something on my mind."
"Of course, there always is something on your mind. Once you learn how to let her go, things will get a lot easier for you."
"Young master, were you perhaps talking to someone before?"
"Sebastian, you must be losing it. There is no one else in the room besides you and me. I don't see anyone else here to keep me company unless you think of me as a crazy lord that likes talking to himself."
"Certainly not, young master."

~Some time later~

I was outside by the gardens, watering the flowers. The sky was so blue, it made me feel a little dizzy. Tch, it felt like the whole world was looking down on me.

Well, I didn't need their pity. I'd deal with the loss of a loved one myself, even if it took me my whole life. (Y/n)...I may never be able to let her go, but at least she'd never leave my memories.

A light glow surrounded the sun as it began to set beyond the horizon. *sigh* I guess I better go back inside.

"Sebastian, Ciel's looking for you," Meirin exclaimed.
"Oh, I see. Thank you for letting me know."

I walked past her and headed to the young master's bedroom, where he was looking out the window. He seemed strangely grim, but soon returned to a neutral expression as soon as he saw me.

"You called for me?"
"Yes, there is something that needs to be done," he said quietly.
"What is it?"
"How...do you feel about (Y/n)? Do you still love her?"
"Yes, I do. My feelings for her will never change, no matter how much time has passed."
"I see..."
"Is something the matter, young master?"
"No, Sebastian."

He seemed to be searching for something with his eyes as the room was filled with silence. What was he looking for? I stared at him in confusion as he let out a sigh.

"Sebastian, this is an order: forget about (Y/n). She never existed and it will remain like that until you die."
"...yes...my lord."

I guess this is goodbye forever...(Y/n).