Chapter 6

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day~

I woke up and stretched. What happened last night? As I turned my head around, I realised that I had made a big, terrible mistake. My wings were still visible and I was floating.

Damn it! What if that annoying demon, Sebastian, saw? Pfft, he wouldn't enter a lady's room without permission...would he? I sure hope not.

My wings disappeared as soon as I heard knocking on the door.

"May I come in?" Sebastian asked.
"Wait a minute!"

I rushed out of bed and got myself ready before opening the door.
Of course he was here to give me orders from Ciel.

"You are to make the breakfast this morning. I have important business to attend to," he exclaimed.
"What business?"
"*sigh* I suppose I should tell you so you don't wander around like a clueless duck."
"Who're you calling a clueless duck, Sebastian?"
"Young master is the Queen's Guard dog. He fulfills the queen's wishes, majority of them being criminal cases. He has ordered me to gather some information on who the suspect of the murdering of several children could be."
"Great. Nice to know."
"I suggest you drop the sarcasm and get to work."

I glared at him before taking my leave.

My arrival at the kitchen was not a pleasant one. Bard had burnt everything.

"*sigh* And you call yourself a chef..."
"That's because I am! I am the cook of this manor!" he boasted.
"Excuses, Bard, excuses. Now I would hate to be like Sebastian right now but I'll be taking over breakfast making for today."
"Okay, whatever you say."

As I was making breakfast, I noticed a dark shadow in the corner. Damn that demon... Did he lie just so he could watch me? Well, he wouldn't get any information out of this.

"Wow (Y/n), that smells really good," complimented Bard.
"Thanks, it's really a relief to hear that. I haven't cooked in a while."
"Can I taste it?" he asked with sparkles in his eyes.
"Sure, I don't see why not."
"(Y/n), take that out to Ciel," Sebastian ordered, appearing out of nowhere.
"Oi, I made enough for him to taste it."
"That does not matter, take it to Ciel."

While balancing the plates on my arm, I began walking out but made sure my message 'Don't annoy me again' was sent to Sebastian through my constant glares. To no surprise, he replied with a smirk.

"(Y/n), what took so long?" Ciel asked.
"Apologies, master Ciel."
"*sigh* Make sure it doesn't happen again."

I nodded before setting the plates before him.

"Master Ciel? What is it that you wish you find out?"
"What do you mean?" he asked.
"Why do you give Sebastian orders to watch over me? Is there something you want to know?"
"No, it's fine now."
"You know, my mother always told me that lying will get you nowhere."

He gave me a warning before continuing to eat. *sigh* I left it at that.

Suddenly, my back started hurting as if it was caught on fire. I should be at least a little fire resistant so why was this happening?

"(Y/n), what's the matter?"
"I-I need to get some fresh air. Please excuse me."

I left without hearing his next words. I needed somewhere...I needed a place where I could be alone. Where I could fly...

The clearing in the forest soon came into view. Finally...

"Painful, isn't it?"
"Come out, Liam. Hiding won't help."

He jumped down from a nearby tree.

"It's painful being a half half, right?" he asked, tilting his head to the side.
"Yeah, why did you come? Did something happen in heaven?"
"Nah, I was just looking for something interesting to do," he replied with a smile.
"Haha, there's nothing interesting here. Besides, I think my wings are acting strange..."
"Oh, so it's happening..." he muttered to himself.
"What's happening?"
"Nothing at all. Anyway, no one's here. Fly for a bit, it'll help."

I wanted to, I really wanted to. But I couldn't...someone would see.

"Come on, don't worry."

I hesitantly allowed my wings to appear and sighed in relief when I was lifted off the ground.

"See? Our wings can't last long without flight. Try flying whenever you can," he exclaimed.
"Thanks Liam."
"You're welcome- Watch out!"

He rushed towards me and turned around once he had his arms wrapped around me.

I heard the sound of something being hit.

"L-Liam, your back."

We dropped to the ground.

"Sebastian, what is the meaning of this?!"
"Apologies, (Y/n). But I see that angel as a threat," he replied with a straight face.
"He's my friend!"
"So what are you? An angel? A demon?"
"Tch, you don't need to know."

I helped Liam up and chanted a spell to heal his wounds.

"Liam, go. You don't need to get yourself involved with this demon."
"But (Y/n)-"
"Go back to heaven."

He reluctantly took his leave. I stomped on the ground and a line of spikes appeared which was sent toward Sebastian.

"(Y/n), I'm afraid I must attend to my duties. Please excuse me."

I blocked his path with fire.

"You have no right to leave this fight without telling me why you followed me out here."
"I was not following you. I was simply-"
"No more excuses."

Suddenly, I was pinned under his body. For some reason, the pain in my back subdued for the time being.

"What exactly are you?" he asked.
"None of your business."
"I can't pinpoint your exact species..."
"I don't know what I am. Am I an angel? A demon? What about a grim reaper?"
"*sigh* This is getting nowhere."

He let me go. The pain hit me like a wave breaking.

"Is something the matter?" Sebastian asked.
"Tch, nothing you need to know."

I allowed my wings to appear and flew into the sky. That felt better...

Sebastian's POV

I watched as she flew into the sky. What was she? She didn't feel like a demon nor an angel...

Her figure was seen falling. I quickly caught her before she touched the ground. Seems like your pain is causing you suffering...