Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n), want some help?" asked Liam.
"We're all good."

Saki, Jack and Jake had no thought of giving up. Well, we weren't giving up either.

Living in those prison cells was something I did not want to experience again.

"Miss (Y/n), I suggest we take them down quickly as there are other matters we need to attend to," Sebastian exclaimed.
"Sure thing."
"You think you can defeat us that easily?! How high up do you think you are?!" asked Saki furiously.
"Much higher than you, Saki."

Of course, that was a bluff. I didn't know if we could defeat them...but that's why it was better to believe that you could.

"Miss (Y/n)?"

I nodded at Sebastian. He simply smirked and stood in front of me. I touched his back and transferred my energy/power into his body.

The feeling in my legs grew weaker until I had to kneel down. Damn it...I think I gave him too much.

"I'll back you up," said Liam.
"What about-"
"I don't know. But now's the time I will protect you," he replied with a grin.

I just smiled. He fought alongside Sebastian. Throughout their fight, my eyes wondered towards the grim reapers.

Eh?! All of them, including the members of the Tortured Knights, were sitting down having a cup of tea.

*sigh* What happened?...

"(Y/n) (L/n), how does it feel to have your friends getting injured for your sake?" Michael asked.
"Tch, shut that mouth of yours before I do."
"Well, I suggest you give up now so they don't die."
"What makes you think that they'll die?"
"Look at them, we're most likely going to win."

I looked at Sebastian and Liam. Surprisingly, they were helping each other...and were perfectly in sync. But the opposing side wasn't any worse.

"Michael, I think you have this very wrong."
"What ever do you mean? Is it wrong to believe in your teammates?"
"That's not my point."

He turned his head towards the grim reapers with a shocked expression. I should've known...that the tea was poisoned.

"Miss (Y/n), care to join us with your little friend of yours?" asked Sebastian.
"Alright."

Michael grabbed onto my hand and slammed me into the ground. I tripped him with my legs and punched him until his body came into contact with the wall.

"Tch, you sure are strong."

I smirked and walked towards him. He realised that just now? I held out my hand.

"Do you really want to become a murderer, (Y/n)? Are you really going to kill me?" Michael asked.
"What makes you think I'm going to kill you? I'm going to put you to sleep."

Before I could attack him with my spell, something had burnt my back. I turned around to find Saki. Sebastian and Liam were busy fighting the twins.

"I knew I should've made that spell stronger... Anyway, there is no way you're going to win against the two of us," she exclaimed.
"We'll see. No one knows what's going to happen in the future."

Michael and Saki charged at me, both in front and behind me. I simply stepped to the side. They merely just missed each other.

Saki's eyes were filled with rage. Michael looked surprisingly calm. I wonder why...

She attacked me but I blocked her every move.

"I'm one of the chosen seven so why?! Why am I on par with you?! I need to be the best!"
"Is the second-in-command supposed to have anger issues?"

She gritted her teeth. They (Michael and Saki) combined their spells. I tried to block it with my arms but the attack sent me flying towards the other end of the room until I crashed into the wall.

Damn it...it felt like every one of my joints were on fire.

"You still think you're strong?" Saki asked with a smirk.

I just laughed. I hated this life...When I'm reborn, I'll get my revenge. They'd pay for what they were putting me through.

I felt my power become stronger. My parents warned me about this...but I needed to use this. I needed all of my power that was locked away.

"(Y/n) (L/n), are you really going to cause destruction upon this world?" the demon king asked.
"What are you doing here?"
"To collect you."
"Liam, you deserve punishment for helping this criminal," exclaimed the angel king.
"So do you, Sebastian," added the demon king.
"No, don't touch them!"

I was held back by Saki and Michael. They continued to hold on...how could they stand the heat emitting from my arms?

Liam and Sebastian were both getting 'tossed around'. No...

"Stop! I'll go with you, just stop hurting them!"
"He's my son. He made a grave mistake when he decided to help you."
"That's not his fault! I convinced him! I lied and tricked him into helping me! So please...let him go."
"What about this demon? Did you lie to him as well?" asked the demon king.
"Yes, I lied to the both of them. I bribed them! So let them go! They've got nothing to do with this!"

Saki and Michael just smirked.

"Do you have something to say?" the angel king asked.
"She's deceiving you, your highness. They're her allies," Michael replied.
"Believe them and I'll unleash my forbidden power. They have nothing to do with me. I was the one that deceived them for my own benefit."
"Very well."

Both kings nodded. Gold and black chains came up from the ground and bound Liam and Sebastian from moving. The twins then started to attack them.

"No! Stop! Stop before I kill you!"

The twins stopped immediately upon seeing my appearance. Yes...I must've looked frightening.

"(Y/n) (L/n), you are coming with us," the demon king exclaimed.

Saki roughly grabbed my hands and bound them with steaming hot chains. Damn it...this was torture all over again.

The Tortured Knights left. I was dragged up towards heaven.

"(Y/n)!"

I looked back at them and gave them a small smile. It was best that they stayed there. They were too injured anyway.