Chapter 15

(Y/n)'s POV

~A few days later~

"No one's going to come save you," exclaimed Katrina.
"That's fine with me, as long as they don't get hurt."

But I had that nagging feeling in my heart that rejected what I had just said. I wanted Sebastian to come.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you...the wedding with Liam has been cancelled. I simply cannot marry someone who does not love me back."
"That's a relief. I would hate for Liam to marry you."
"Watch your mouth!"

Blood dropped down my chin as she sent her spells towards me. No matter what, I couldn't use my magic.

"How does it feel to be powerless? I'll tear Liam into a thousand pieces while making you watch. As for Sebastian...I'll marry him, even if I have to force him."

I felt my back burn until my wings appeared. She stepped back in shock.

"Y-your wings...they're on fire."

I didn't care. I'd make her sorry, so sorry that she'd regret torturing me like this.

"G-guards! What's happening to her?!" Katrina asked a little frightened.
"You should've never spoke to her like that," replied the demon king.
"F-father, what's happening?"
"She's going to awaken as the ruler of all demons and angels if she's not killed."
"Then why don't we kill her?!"
"Because I know of a way to control her when she loses herself."

No...no one was going to control me. No one could. They never will. I'd protect the ones close to me, I couldn't lose anyone else.

"Her eyes...they look even worse than yours, father."
"Katrina, back to your room...now!"

She reluctantly left. Now that I was alone with the demon king...I pulled at the chains.

"It's no use, they're the strongest chains we've got."
"What if I say that I'm stronger? My awakening will never be controlled by someone like you."

Liam's POV

As I was walking down the hallway, I heard a loud explosion.

"Father, what's wrong?"
"That evil demon king, he lied to us. He isn't going to kill her...he's going to control her to destroy all angels that are alive and build a new world!"
"I'll stop this."
"What can a mere angel prince do to a demon king? Nothing, absolutely nothing."
"Father, I know you don't believe in me nor do I ask for your trust. But I will stop her awakening."
"How do you plan to do that?"
"There's a way..."

~Some time later~

After I heard the news, I rushed to hell to see (Y/n). Most of her face was hidden by her hair but it looked like she had already passed the first stage of the awakening.

Her wings were emitting flames and everything around her was broken, excluding the chains that bound her hands and feet.

"(Y/n), are you...alright?"
"Liam, she wanted to hurt you and Sebastian. She was going to kill me after. I hate her, she deserves to die," she muttered.
"Calm down, you're just letting them have their way. They plan to control you-"
"I know, but I won't let them. They'll never control me."

I cautiously walked up to her and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"No, they won't control you. You're right, but please don't get to the fifth and final stage of your awakening."

She finally looked up and that was when I actually saw it. She was hurt, not just physically but mentally as well. Her tears were no longer clear, she cried out blood.

Tch, I'll make them pay. They did this to her and I won't ever forgive them. Demons were cruel creatures of the night.

"Liam, please move out of the way," Sebastian 'ordered'.
"Make sure she's healed."

I couldn't stand to watch, I couldn't. Before I could even step out of the cell, something had hit the back of my head, causing my consciousness to fade away until I drifted into an endless black hole.

~When he wakes up~

"W-what happened?"

My hands and feet were bound by the same chains used on (Y/n).

"What is the meaning of this?!"
"I simply want to torture you for the fun of seeing (Y/n)'s reaction," replied Katrina.
"You sick evil demon..."
"Thanks for the compliment."

Suddenly, (Y/n) was shoved in here. Where was Sebastian when you needed him?!

Sebastian's POV

"Why are you always going to visit (Y/n)? You are not allowed to go to hell unless I say so. That is an order!" ordered the young master.
"Yes, my lord."

For the first time, I felt regret...regret for forming a contract with the young master. It felt as if something bad was going to happen.

Why was I feeling this way? It can't be love..demons didn't love.

Sebastian, where are you?! We're in trouble! Are you really going to let a contract get in the way of your relationship with (Y/n)?!

What was that? How...

Don't ask how and hurry up!

Liam? I'm afraid I cannot break the contract with the young master. His soul is what I desire. I cannot break it after all I've done for him.

Is his soul really what you desire right now? Are you really going to let (Y/n) suffer because of your stupid dream? I know I cannot command you, you're a demon. But help is really needed. You're the only one that can save her. She's on the third stage of her awakening.

Third stage already? I still have time, don't rush me. I'll get back to hell somehow.

There was no reply...They needed my help? I don't know if there was much I could do against the demon king. But of course, he had control over all demons. I guess I wasn't going back for the fear of being enslaved by him.

Damn it...(Y/n), please wait a little longer for me. I promise I'll save you.