Chapter 13

(Y/n)'s POV

"It seems that the time is near, (Y/n)," exclaimed Michael.
"What are you talking about?"
"Your awakening..."
"That will never happen."
"It will, trust me. You do not have a mate so I do not see why it won't happen."
"Tch..."

He was right. I didn't love anyone...did I?

"Although I think you have an eye for the black-haired demon. In case you do, we'll have him killed."
"No! Don't!"
"Oh, you're scared for his death? How caring...for a half demon. Well, I guess that angel side of you is still there."
"Don't you dare touch him."
"If not, how about Liam? It seems that he has a thing for you."
"Tch, you're talking nonsense. We see each other as siblings."
"Are you sure about that?" he asked with a smirk.

Michael's POV

How fun it was to tease her. Wait...what's happening? Her eyes glowed a dark red/violet colour.

"Guards!"

They immediately came rushing in but the force of her power was too strong. Tch, I shouldn't have teased her.

"You'll pay, Michael. If I find them gone, you'll pay..." she muttered.

Suddenly, an explosion filled the room. The source...was (Y/n).

~Some time later~

"Michael! Do you not know of the dangers you could've put everyone in?! Why did you provoke her?" asked an angered demon king.
"I'm terribly sorry, your highness."
"Answer my question."
"I...thought it was fun."
"You thought it was fun?! How many times do I have to discipline you?!"
"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt. You have a visitor," announced a guard.

Two demons opened the door revealing Liam on the other side.

"What has brought you here, son of the angel king?"
"I need to speak with you," he replied with a fierce tone.
"Very well. Michael, please leave us."

Liam's POV

That annoying Michael guy left the room without any complaints.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"
"I wanted to talk about (Y/n)."
"What could the heir to the angels' throne possibly have to do with her?"
"I want her to be released and freed from any thing to do with us."
"Why? What's in it for me?"
"I'll marry your daughter, Katrina."

He called for a guard and spoke silently with him. *sigh* Was there something to interrogate with a guard?

The guard left with a somewhat frightened look on his face. I wonder what happened.

Ugh, this was getting awkward. Suddenly, the guard came in with (Y/n). She was barely even breathing.

Before I could do anything, the demon king started talking.

"Why do you want to marry my daughter?" he asked.
"Tch, I can't believe I have to explain it to you. Our child will obviously be like her, right? Think about it."
"How do I know you're not going to betray me?"
"Please, Liam! Don't do it!" (Y/n) argued.

I walked towards her and bent down to her level.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."
"No, please don't it for my sake. She's terrible...don't do it," begged (Y/n) with tears streaming down her cheeks.

I kissed her forehead and smiled.

"You belong with Sebastian."
"You..."
"Yes, (Y/n). I loved you from the moment I first saw you. But I knew you didn't think of me that way. Besides, Sebastian's the one you love. Remember when he touched you and your pain subdued? That proved that he's going to be the one to save you."
"Liam..."

I wiped her tears away before walking up to the demon king.

"So do we have a deal?"
"I'll think about it," he replied with a smirk.

What was he planning?

(Y/n)'s POV

Liam cannot be doing this. Why was he doing this for my sake?

"Katrina, come out," the demon king ordered.

She entered the room, wearing revealing clothes. Tch, typical demon princess.

"How do you feel about marrying the angel prince?"
"As long as he treats me right then I don't mind. His looks could be improved though," Katrina replied with an uninterested expression.

She smirked at me before she stood on her tippy toes and forcefully kissed Liam.
How could she just play with his feelings like that?... I felt a burning feeling behind my eyes. She couldn't touch him like that. She wasn't the ruler of everyone. I couldn't let her mess with my friend's feelings.

"*screams* My back!" yelled Katrina.
"Guards, take (Y/n) away."
"Don't hurt her!" Liam exclaimed fiercely.
"No promises kid," replied a chubby demon guard.

Sebastian's POV

*sigh* I should've known that the young master was awake the night when Liam came.

"How come you never told me of your position?!" asked an annoyed master.
"I'm sorry, I did not think something such as stating my position was needed."
"What about (Y/n)? How is she?"
"I'm afraid her well-being's getting no better. But it is strange of you to ask about her condition."
"I like watching her argue with you."

~Some time later~

I should get started on my nightly chores. Strangely enough, my thoughts can't help but wonder to (Y/n). Did Liam think of a way to save her? I hope so. Tch, why was I so worried about her? I can't have feelings for her...can I?

"Sebby-chan! I'm bored, play with me," Grell exclaimed.
"Please don't bother me."
"Why? Don't you like me?"
"As a matter of fact, not in the way you fancy me."
"Do you still like (Y/n)? Admit it, the relationship was fake. But you have feelings for her, don't you? Geez, just go and rescue her from that corpse thing! Your attitude is starting to get annoying."
"*smirks* Grell, that is quite unlike you."
"I just want your old personality back. The way you are now...you're just too focused on (Y/n)."

Was I?...