Chapter 2

(Y/n)'s POV

Ugh, what happened? Oh right, I was thrown away. Damn it, what will I do here? Tch, better than living a life where I was before.

The pain spread throughout my whole body as I stood up and fell down again. Damn it... How hard did I land on this crooked ground?!

*sigh* Might as well get used to this. I was gonna be on Earth for a long time, and possibly even see it get destroyed. Sometimes I wish I wasn't immortal so that I could kill myself and be at peace...

~A few days later~

"Oi, get back here you thief! Give my bread back!"

I didn't listen. I needed to survive or else my parents' sacrifice would be for nothing.

"Someone, stop her! She's a thief!"

Tch, like anyone would. No one managed to catch me for the past few days. *sigh* How I wish I could just use my wings. I really needed to wash as well.

Wait, what was I thinking about? Its not as if Earth was as good as heaven or as interesting as hell. Surviving was my top priority and I had better keep it that way.

The old man stopped chasing me, most likely knowing that he couldn't catch up to me. I smirked before I continued running and swiftly dodging incoming people.

Suddenly, I crashed into what felt like an extremely hard piece of stone.
What the... That strange man wasn't here before. He was wearing all black and had a strange aura. Damn it, I've felt this familiar feeling before...

"I'm sorry, ma'am but I have to stop you from stealing any more precious bread from the poor old man," he exclaimed.
"Tch, don't bother. Now move it, 'Mister Black'."
"I'm afraid I do not follow orders from peasants. My only master is Ciel Phantomhive."
"Is that how you're supposed to be treating a lady?"
"Well, I see no need to treat you as a lady. Your manners are terribly bad."
"I don't care."

This man was being too annoying. The old man from before had almost caught up to me. When did he decide to chase me again?! Damn it! I sent a glare towards Mister Black before running off.

The forest came into view. I dodged the tree branches and jumped over the stream before sitting down. At last, no more disturbances.

Before I knew, it was already nighttime. *sigh* Was fish and bread really my only food? Not like I knew what it tasted like. Was I the only one that needed to put a spell on my food to actually taste it?

~The next morning~

I stretched my arms and legs before standing up and splashing the cool stream water on my face.

"Young master, I believe this is where it is."

Huh? Who would possibly come here? But just in case, I climbed up a nearby tree and watched as one man - I mean Mr Black - and a young teenage boy walked into view.

The young boy looked like a noble. He was dressed quite well and strangely enough, had an eyepatch over his eye. And of course, Mr Black was wearing all black. Was he a butler? But why black? Demon? Tch, like that could be true.

"Well, where is she?" asked the young boy.
"Hiding, young master," Mr Black replied.

What? How did he know? Some supernatural human...

"If you do not come out now, I will send Sebastian to go find you. I suggest you reveal your hiding spot and stop playing hide and seek," the young boy exclaimed.

*sigh* I jumped down and stood on the other side of the stream.

"What do you want?"
"Sebastian, go," the young boy said.
"Yes, young master," Sebastian replied. Well, there goes the name 'Mr Black'.

Sebastian suddenly appeared beside me and grabbed my arm.

"Let go."
"I'm sorry. I only obey my master's orders."
"Like a dog desperate for a treat?"

He simply glared at me. I took this chance and flipped him onto his back before kicking him with enough power to send him flying to the other side of the steam. He stopped himself from going any further.

"I'll ask you again. What do you want?"
"Interesting..." commented the young boy.

Can he at least answer my question?! Sebastian threw three knives at me to which I simply grabbed and threw them back.

"If you're here to pick a fight, then I'm not interested. Go find yourself another girl to pick on."
"*sigh* I wish you would fix those manners of yours," Sebastian exclaimed.
"Oi, I have manners. I just don't show them to people who are trying to hurt me."
"Is that so?" he asked as if he didn't believe me.
"Fine then, don't believe me. I'll be taking my leave now."

Before I could even move an inch, Sebastian had me pinned against a tree.

"I can't let you go just yet, milady."

I ignored him and flipped him so that I was the one pinning him to the tree.

"Leave me alone."

The words seemed to come out of my mouth as some kind of curse.

"Sebastian, stop playing around. Let her go, I need to talk to her."

Finally, thank you young teenage boy! I hesitantly let Sebastian go.

"Like I asked before, what do you want?"
"I want you to work for me."
"What's in it for me?"
"Must I list everything for you?" he asked as if it was obvious.
"Other than food and shelter, how do I know you're telling the truth?"
"Believe what you want."
"...fine, I'll work for you."
"I'm Ciel Phantomhive, the Earl of the Funtom company."
"(Y/n) (L/n)."

And that was when my journey began. Little did I know that some things were unexpected in life and I was going to encounter a few of those unexpected moments.