Chapter 20

(Y/n)'s POV

The chains dragged me to the bottom of the pool as I was thrown into the freezing cold water.

They think this can drown me? Not a chance. I enchanted a water spell which allowed me to breathe underwater. Luckily they didn't use those anti-magic chains.
But water spells weren't my forte so this underwater breathing wouldn't be able to last any longer than 5-10 minutes.

"Activate chains!" Lachlan ordered.

What was he talking about? Suddenly, my water spell disappeared and the chains electrocuted me.

I forced myself to hold my breath. Tch, why?... Why was this happening to me? I didn't ask for this.
Soon, I felt my consciousness fade away.

~Flashback~

"Execute her!"
"Yes, kill her! She's a monster!"
"You hear that? You're a monster! No one likes you!"

Why?...I'm really not a monster. I haven't done anything to harm you, have I?

"Be quiet! (Y/n)'s not a monster. She hasn't done anything to you, has she? Why do you treat her as if she's some kind of contagious disease?"

Yes, that's right. I met him. I met Sebastian. We were good friends, but all that ended many many years ago. I was erased from his memories.

~Flashback end~

*gasp* The water was still dripping down my clothes. What happened?

"You're awake," exclaimed Belinda.
"What did you do to me?"
"We drowned you but unexpectedly, Grell jumped down to save you after you lost consciousness."
"Tch, you people are cruel. Trying to kill me when I'm innocent?"
"Well, this is a harsh world. What did you expect? Rainbows and ribbons?"

No, I've faced much worse than unfair interrogation.

"Instead of trying to get me to admit to a crime I didn't commit, why don't you go and find the real culprit?"
"Because we already have the real culprit, (Y/n)."

If only these weren't those stupid anti-magic chains...if only Liam and Sebastian were here...I'd be able to escape. I'd be able to escape this cruel reality.

"We have a few pictures of Alois Trancy's body. Can you tell me why you did this to him?" asked Belinda.

She took the photos out of the packet and placed them in front of me.

I almost jumped out of my chair. Alois Trancy was indeed killed...in a very gruesome way.

He was beheaded and had his eyes gorged out. The rest of his body was...well, stabbed brutally.

Did Claude have something against his master that caused him to kill him in such a way?

"I cannot explain why this happened to Alois Trancy because I did not kill him."
"*sigh* You can't keep lying forever. We'll figure out your true motives soon. Humans can defeat beings like you, keep that in mind."

She stood up and left. Finally, I could not stand to deal with these foolish humans any longer. They say they know what we are and yet, they're trusting demons. Didn't they understand that demons lie? It was in their nature.

Katrina's POV

"Claude, is she in the DAEO?"
"Yes, your highness. I have successfully fooled the humans," he replied with a bow.
"Good. All that's left is making her under my control. You can accomplish that, right Claude?"
"Yes, anything for you."

Tch, having this demon follow me was really useful. The love that he gave me, I can't return it to him. *sigh* Despite knowing that, he still followed me. Well, he should. I'm so pretty and great so who wouldn't? Of course, Sebastian was an exception because (Y/n) somehow bewitched him.

I needed to get my revenge. Making her my personal pawn was the perfect way. Father would be proud of me.

When she's under my command, Sebastian will have no choice but to follow my orders. As a bonus, I may be able to control Liam as well. This was all too good. *evil laugh* Just you wait (Y/n)...I'll come for you.

"Your highness, Hannah has come to see you," said Claude.
"What has caused you to come here? You know that I don't like your presence."
"I just wanted to pledge my loyalty to you-"
"You've already done that! Tch, I'm starting to regret putting that spell on you. Sometimes, I really want to kill you."
"Please punish me if I have done something wrong," she begged.
"You!"

Ugh, I can't deal with her anymore.

"Claude, get her out of my sight."
"As you wish."

Liam's POV

"Father! How can you do that at a time like this?!"
"As I said before, I am not helping that creature so stop trying to convince me."
"But Claude-"
"Foolish child, do you honestly think Claude would do something like this? The demon king banned him from involving himself in matters, such as this, long ago unless told otherwise."
"...what?"

~Some time later~

Why wasn't I informed about this? Tch, I guess that information was only meant for demons...Sebastian. He didn't tell me.

"Oi, do you want to save her or not? You always seem to keep the important information a secret."
"You did not ask, so I saw no point in telling you."
"Ugh, if I didn't even know about it then how could I ask?"
"Well, since we're thinking of a plan right now, wouldn't you have considered every option possible?" he asked with a smirk.

Geez, not everyone could continuously think of strategies/possibilities for a rescue and escape plan. On top of that, I haven't slept for the past few days...but that wasn't important right now. Right now, we needed to rescue (Y/n).

"I want something to eat, Mr Liam," whined Elizabeth.
"Elizabeth, he's not my butler so you can't order him around. Plus, you've just finished your cake. What more could you want? Also...why are you still here?!" Ciel asked with an irritated tone.
"*pouts* Ciel, you're so mean."

I laughed. They sure did get along well.