Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s POV

This horrible feeling...

"She leaves heaven/hell at once!"

Of being thrown away

"She's a valuable resource!"

And thought of as

"We can't let her ruin heaven and hell!"

A pawn for the rulers

"She cannot be let lose on Earth!"

The council made up of demons and angels were fighting. An important decision must be made. I was a threat to both kinds.

"She's going to take over us! She needs to be sacrificed for our sake!" argued Heather (an angel), someone whom I thought was my tutor and close friend.
"She is needed for our power! What if an inevitable force comes our way? What will we do then?" Angelina (a demon), my father's sister, snapped back.

This was taking it too far. I wasn't thought as as someone, was I? I was just a pawn that they wanted to use. The voices and screams of both kinds...they were making me feel dizzy.

"Be quiet!" The force of my scream made glass shatter into a thousand pieces.
"Told you so. She's a threat," Heather exclaimed.
"You did that on purpose, didn't you? Making her feel uncomfortable," Angelina asked as if she knew what was on Heather's mind.
"Silence!" yelled both the kings of heaven and hell.
"This is enough. A decision will be made and announced at our next meeting. Everyone, you are dismissed," the angel king said.

Soon, all that could be seen was a flock of white and black wings. Damn this cursed world, I never chose to be like this. I never wanted any of this.

The imprisonment of my mother and father was filling me with the terrible feeling of guilt. They were higher ups and they were supposed to remain like that. Instead I, their own daughter, had downgraded them into laughing stocks for the angels and demons...their own kind.

"(Y/n), I trust that you can make it back to your room without any trouble?" the demon king asked.
"Yes, your highness." I bowed before taking my leave.

Not like you could call it a room. It was a prison cell filled with the stench of rotting bodies and decaying food. The place where my parents were right now.

"Ah, (Y/n). You're back?" father asked in a somewhat cheerful tone.
"Give it up. Everything is hopeless now."
"(Y/n), don't say that. You know it's not," mother replied, trying to lighten my mood.
"You're stuck in this rotten prison cell when you both know that it's my fault. How are you not hating, or even mad at me right now?"
"Your mother and I took the risk to have you and we don't regret it. Even if we don't make it out of here alive, we'll still live on in your heart."
"What a thing to say for a demon..."
"(Y/n), listen to your father. We love you, not once did we ever hate or regret having you."

Now, tears had slid down my cheeks. My attempt to hold them back...well, never worked. I was enveloped in their warm embrace until sleep overtook me.

~At the next meeting~

"She has to be killed! There is no other choice."
"She is a living being! For an angel to kill or even think of killing is disgracing our kind."
"Then let us demons kill her. We have no problem with that if it means that it'll get rid of her."
"Not in a million years. Have you had any idea what she must be thinking right now? We are talking about what to do with her as if she is some object! Have some heart!"

Everyone attacked me as if I was a piece of unwanted trash. The spells and attacks sent towards me were so painful. No, I couldn't let them see pain and fear in my eyes. I had to stay strong for my parents...I have feelings to express too, you know?...

"Hold it!" The sound of my father's voice silenced the whole room.
"We will sacrifice ourselves in return for our daughter to be set free," mother exclaimed.
"So what you're saying is..." the demon king started.
"We allow her to live on earth and you will sacrifice yourselves as atonement for your terrible sin of mating with the opposite kind or even beginning to love our enemies," finished the angel king.
"Indeed it is a sin to love the other kind. This is the only time recorded in history since centuries ago that demons and angels have come together for a decision to be made," said the demon king.

Both kings nodded. The guards forcefully pulled my parents into the centre of the room. They were told to reveal their wings, which they did. No...

"No! Stop-"

My mouth was covered by Heather. I was forced to watch as both my parents wings were ripped from their back and tossed aside. All that could be heard were their screams of pain. Tears had began making their way down my face. Mother and father looked at me one last time as if to tell me that everything will fine before they were stabbed by the holy swords.

"No! Father! Mother! You killed them! How could you?! I hate you!"

The guards couldn't stop me. They wouldn't ever stop me. They were too weak for my powerful attacks.
They'd pay for this, I'd get my revenge one day...even if it cost me my life.

I was suddenly grabbed from behind and brought to the kings.

"(Y/n) (L/n), daughter of (M/n) and (F/n), you are now dismissed from the duties of both angels and demons. We now cast you down to Earth, where you will live a life without the permission to come back to heaven and hell again."

I did not care. My parents were dead...so was my heart. No one would be able to heal it. At last, the guards grabbed my arms and threw me down to Earth, the place where humans dwelled and where I would be forced to live for the rest of my cursed life.