Chapter 12

(Y/n)'s POV

~Flashback~

"Hey (Y/n), pass the ball over here!" yelled Liam.

I happily threw the ball over to him. So peaceful. I knew that this moment wouldn't last for long. After all...I wasn't something that belonged to this world.

"Oi, what was that for?!"
"You spaced out again," Liam replied with a cheeky grin.
"Liam, who let you play with this filthy girl? You know that your father doesn't like you playing with half angels like her, especially when they have demon blood running through their veins," exclaimed his mother, Rosemary.
"But mother-"
"No excuses, Liam! We're going home."

He turned his head around and smiled at me before letting his mother drag him away. Now I was alone... My parents were gone. They needed to collect food.

"Look, there she is. The so-called 'Destruction of the World'," said Eva.
"Liam's ours so back off! He's only playing with you so that he can stab you in the back later on," Adrian added.

I stood up with a smile. They weren't going to take away my happiness.

"I'm sorry, Eva, Adrian...but Liam gets to decide his own thoughts and decisions."
"She's right, so leave her alone!" ordered Liam.
"But-"

His glare was enough to send them running for the hills.

"You came back..."
"Of course, it took some time to beg but I can't let you stay by yourself."

~Flashback end~

A smile crept onto my face. He could always make me smile. No matter how hard the situation was, he always brought a smile to my face.

"What are you thinking about, (Y/n)?" asked Michael.
"Tch, you don't need to know."
"Ready for your torture?"

No words escaped my mouth as he beat me with a metal stick. Blood dripped from my mouth but I couldn't do anything. I felt powerless...

"Michael, I was given permission to take over for today."

That voice...

"But-"
"I suggest you listen to what I say or else you'll die by the hands of the demon king."
"Damn it, here. Take it but I'll be watching you," Michael replied with a glare.
"Sebastian-"

He held a finger to my lips.

"I'm sorry, Miss (Y/n) but I can't rescue you today. I've simply come for a visit."

Tears escaped my eyes and slid down my cheeks. He came for me...I thought I was wrong in saving him...

"Miss (Y/n), now is not the time to be crying over me."
"You came..."
"*sigh* All the logics said that rescuing you is meaningless but my heart disagreed. I believe my heart may have considered you as a good ally."

I smiled through the sobs that came out. For the first time, I was relieved that he was beside me.

"Well, it seems that I have to go tend to my duties now. Hopefully I'll be able to see you soon."

With that said, he took his leave. Tch, that demon...what was he making me feel?

Liam's POV

"Father! She's not a monster so why is she locked up in the 'Dead Corpse'?!"
"Liam, how dare you speak to your father like that?!" mother asked as she slapped me across the face.
"Rosemary, its fine. Please let us talk in private."

She reluctantly left at the order of my father.

"Liam, you are the next heir to the throne. I cannot have you worrying about some dangerous girl. Besides, you are going to get married to Maria soon."
"Please cancel that arranged marriage."
"Don't tell me you have feelings for that creature locked in hell? The arranged marriage has already been decided. You cannot back out of this."
"Tch, if I can't save her...then I'll ask someone else who can."
"Who might that be, son?"
"*smirks* Sebastian Michaelis, father."
"That demon?!" asked father with widened eyes.
"Yes, why? Why are you so surprised?"
"Have you any idea how dangerous that demon can be? He was the leader of the demons' army! That war is the greatest war in history, not only because it was well fought but because their commandant was feared and frightening!"
"Do you think he'll be able to beat me? I can't believe you're scared of some demon."

Before he could reply, I left the room. But he was right...(Y/n), I think I love you.

Sebastian's POV

I had just returned from hell. *sigh* There was still so much to be done, considering how Bard, Meirin and Finny just created more work for me. Luckily they did not ask a lot of useless questions about (Y/n)'s 'disappearance'.

"Sebastian, where have you been?" asked the young master.
"On an errand."
"I did not order you to go on any errands. Don't tell me...you went to visit (Y/n)? Maybe that angel was right, maybe you have developed feelings for her. You weren't like this before she came to work here. You seem distracted as you do your chores and you always seem deep in thought."
"*smirks* It seems that I was too obvious."
"Indeed you were, Sebastian."

~Some time later~

What was I doing? Why was I pouring tea onto the floor?

"Look! This is the first time that I've seen Sebastian's flaws! He missed the cup and poured tea onto the ground!" Finny exclaimed excitedly.
"What? Really?! Let me see," said Bard.
"You three, get back to work."
"Y-yes!"

Before any more accidents happen, I better clean up this mess.

Someone was here...

"Demon, have you decided yet?" asked Liam.
"Do not rush me, angel."
"There is not much time left before her awakening."
"What are you talking about?"
"I'm surprised...you haven't heard about this? You were the commandant of an army and yet, you lack knowledge of myths and legends."
"In case you don't know, some myths and legends are simply fabled tales spread by the mouths of carefree humans."

But...what did he mean by her awakening?