Sad Ending

(Y/n)'s POV

Luckily Sebastian was home so he could help me with rebuilding the manor. But where was Liam? He wasn't here ever since I started this tiresome chore.

"He told me that he'll be back soon so don't worry," exclaimed Sebastian.
"But why didn't he tell me himself?"
"Don't think too much about it. You're probably just overthinking from working too hard."
"I guess you're right."

We were almost done with the manor. Well, we weren't humans so it wouldn't take that long. The blueprints were luckily still in Ciel's office.

Ugh, why couldn't he order someone else to do this? This was partly Sebastian and Liam's fault. They seriously went too far with this.

Liam's POV

I had to go to hell. Katrina was going to do something unforgivable but it wouldn't happen. (Y/n) wouldn't die.

"What is it that you wanted?"
"I want you to cooperate with me," she replied while walking towards me.
"What do you mean?"
"It means exactly what it means. If you cooperate with me then I won't kill (Y/n)."
"She can't be killed by you."
"I may not be able to kill her but the combined power of both kings can."
"What do you plan to do? I hate going behind (Y/n)'s back while cooperating with some piece of trash."
"I'm a beautiful piece of art."

Gosh, I felt like vomiting. Calling something like that beautiful? Only her father would.

"Now, what I need you to do is come to my side," she exclaimed.
"In case you're too stupid to take in knowledge, I'm the angel prince. I refuse to turn 'evil'."
"Well, I guess I'll just have to beg my father."
"Do you really have a good relationship with him?"

She just looked away so I'm guessing that she didn't. Well, that was none of my business. I didn't care what happened to her.

Suddenly, she grabbed my arm and slammed her lips against mine. It was hard to resist but I pushed her away.

"Seems like your willpower is more powerful than I thought. Your love for (Y/n) is still strong...or is it your hatred for me?"
"I'm not obliged to tell you."

(Y/n), I'm really sorry. I really am...but I think I'll have to stay here to stop her.

(Y/n)'s POV

"Where's Liam?"
"I'm not sure, why? Are you still worried?" asked Sebastian.

I nodded. We've already finished rebuilding the manor and we were now resting in the lounge.

Unexpectedly, Sebastian pulled me into a hug and kissed my nose.

"He'll be back soon."
"How do you know?-"

A loud explosion disturbed our peaceful resting time. We ran outside to find Katrina and Liam.

But he seemed different. His eyes were no longer the sea blue that I was so used to, it was black. His soft blonde hair had turned into a dark brown. What happened to him?

"Do you like the new Liam? He agreed to work with me in order to keep you safe. Shall I do the same to Sebastian?" she asked, smirking.
"Don't you dare! Turn him back! What did you do to him?!"

Before I could say another word, Liam was behind me and had a knife close to my neck.
She casted a strange spell on Sebastian and the same thing happened to him. His red eyes were black, just like Liam's.

Wait...that spell...it was used centuries ago. How did she get her hands on such a thing?! It was one of the four forbidden spells made by the two kings almost ten centuries ago. Not even I had seen one before...

"Liam, make sure she doesn't escape," ordered Katrina.

He pressed the sharp knife against my neck, drawing blood. Damn it...I didn't want to hurt him. I can't hurt him.

"Sebastian, come here."

No... He was under her spell, he wasn't himself. He wouldn't do that...

She forced him to kiss her. Tears slid down my cheeks as he said the three words that were meant for me.

"I love you," he said to her.
"Then why did you stay with her for all that time? I missed you," she whined.
"I'm sorry, please forgive me," he replied while stroking her hair.
"You have to make up for it, got it?"

He nodded and kissed her cheek.

"Sebastian! Snap out of it! Don't listen to her!"
"Liam, make sure she doesn't talk."

He stabbed my stomach. Damn it...

"Liam, come back to your senses..."

He simply kicked me until I fell over. I couldn't get back up. I didn't want to get back up. I didn't want to watch Katrina doing all those things to Sebastian.

"Liam, now would be a good time to kill her. Then I'll set the both of you free."

No...I struggled to get away but it was no use. He stepped on my hand and stabbed the knife through my heart. Blood dripped down my chin.

Sebastian's POV

I rubbed my eyes and adjusted to the scene. What happened?....

I realised that Katrina was in my arms. Damn it, I pushed her away before noticing who was in front of me.

"(Y/n)! Wake up! I'm sorry, please wake up! I didn't mean to do it!" Liam yelled.

Was she....dead? No, she couldn't be.

I hesitantly walked up to her and touched her cheek. She managed to smile a little before taking her last breath.

"(Y/n)...wake up.." Liam begged.
"Did you kill her?"

His hands were covered in her blood, so was the knife.

I grabbed his shirt and punched him. She was gone and he had killed her. He must be filled with guilt. He must be or else I'd have to kill him.

"Look at that, such a sad goodbye," commented Katrina.

It was all her fault. She controlled us and made (Y/n) die. She was going to pay for what she did.
Don't worry, (Y/n)...I'll avenge your death. I'll kill Katrina, I promise you.