Chapter 11

Liam's POV

Why?...(Y/n), you didn't need to protect us. I could've just received the punishment. The demon...I couldn't care less about but you seemed worried about him.

"Young master-"
"No Sebastian, you're not going to go there to rescue her," replied the blue-haired boy named Ciel.
"What are you going to do?" Sebastian asked.
"I'm going to rescue her."

Before I could even take two steps forward, Sebastian was in my path.

"Move before I order you to be killed."
"I believe you're a valuable pawn for me," Ciel exclaimed.
"So straightforward."
"I'll allow you to save (Y/n) if you make a contract with me."
"I don't need your permission to rescue my best friend."

Tch, this stupid demon wouldn't get out of my way. Was he intending to make me angry?

"Get out of my way, demon."

He still didn't move. *sigh*

"You know...(Y/n)'s never stood up to someone other than the people she's close to."
"What do you mean by that?" asked Sebastian.
"Tch, I can't believe she decided to save someone like you. It means she cared about you! Well, now I know that she shouldn't have. You don't even show any worry."
"I'm a demon. Why would I care about a mere girl?"
"Don't forget...she's half demon so why did she care about you?"

I pushed past him before letting my wings take me to heaven.

(Y/n)'s POV

"So how was your little stay on Earth?" asked the demon king.
"None of your business."
"The reason you are in the prison cells of hell is because demons are, by nature, cruel and tough unlike the angels who are against harming creatures."
"I did not ask why I was brought to hell."
"Well, now you know. Michael and Saki will be taking care of you while you stay here. We'll make sure you get to experience all we have to offer."
"Tch, I'm tired of your torture."
"Michael!" called the demon king.

He came in with a smirk on his ugly face.

"Please get started."

*sigh* Michael cracked his knuckles before grabbing a nearby whip. Unfortunately, my legs and arms were bound by chains. They were power-absorbing chains as well, which prevented me from using even the slightest bit of magic. The fact that I was in a kneeling position didn't help with this.

"Are you ready, (Y/n)?" Michael asked.
"Not now and not ever."

I cringed every time I was hit. The times I was hit by the whip was followed by either a punch or a kick. Damn it...this felt like reliving a nightmare.

The torture went on for hours...at least it felt like that. If I had to take a guess, it would've probably been half an hour.

"I think I'm done for today," he exclaimed before walking out.

My cuts and bruises weren't going to heal any time soon.
I let the tears fall down my cheeks. I wasn't a monster...was I? Why was I being treated like one? Was my life cursed for eternity?

~Some time later~

The sound of footsteps filled my ears.

"(Y/n)!"
"Liam? What are you doing here?"

He glared at the guards that were holding him back. I guess he had no authority in hell. But how did he get down here?

"Let go of me! I was given permission from your lord to visit her!"
"Sorry, we don't take orders from an angel," the guard replied with an emotionless expression.
"Tch."

Liam chanted a spell to prevent the demons from getting anywhere near him. Sadly, he could not release me from this prison cell. Only the demon king had the power to.

"Liam..."
"(Y/n), what did they do to you?" he asked with a guilty expression.
"Liam, it's not your fault. It's not the first time I've been treated like this. Besides, you're still not fully recovered."
"How can you be talking about me? Look at yourself. My wounds can't even be compared to what they did to you."
"Liam, please go back. You don't deserve to help a useless girl. Go find yourself someone useful, Liam."

Sebastian's POV

Thoughts of (Y/n) kept running through my mind. I would hate to admit this but Liam was right. She sacrificed herself for someone like me.

*sigh* Now's not the time to think about this. I had to attend to my duties.

"Sebastian! My tea is cold," complained the young master.
"Apologies, young master. I'll go warm it up."
"Wait...do you want to save (Y/n)?" he asked.
"That question was quite unexpected. But I do not care if she's dead or alive."
"Interesting...seeing how she fought so hard to let you and that angel live, you do not care at least the slightest for her well-being?"
"Young master, now is not the time to be talking about unimportant business."

~After Ciel's put to bed~

I was cleaning the library when something, or rather someone, crashed through the window.

"Sebas-chan! I missed you," exclaimed Grell.
"*sigh* What are you doing here? You're disturbing the young master's sleep."
"To see you of course. And I got a message from the angel you fought with. He said to give you this."

Grell handed me a snow white envelope. Typical angels... Inside, there was a letter.

Dear (Y/n)'s uncaring demon friend,
I am writing to inform you about her. She is now held in the 'Dead Corpse' in hell. I'm sure you've heard of this before. Her condition's going to get worse everyday. If you want to save her, contact me. I trust that you wouldn't let her die. I know you have feelings for her.
-Liam

That angel...

"Dead Corpse?" asked Grell.
"It's one of the toughest, strongest, most-guarded prisons in the underworld."
"I see...so are you going to rescue her?" Grell asked, hoping that I would say no.
"I'm not sure. Most likely since we are in a relationship."

He sighed in annoyance. I just smirked before kicking him out of the manor.