Chapter Twenty-Five: Misconceptions and Fatality (Part I)

Some people may have tried to lay claim to taking the blame for the situation all on their own, but I was in pain and feeling like I had done something honorable. I hadn’t done a lot of things in my life, but I had managed to sacrifice my own chances over being selfish and allowing innocent people to die. Who was I to determine that my life was more important than theirs? Still it hurt like hell and I couldn’t stop thinking that I was a fucking idiot. Angel had been right. I should’ve stayed my ass in the back room. There were a lot of things that I should’ve done, but it wasn’t fair.

Even lying here in pain and spitting nothing but my own blood I couldn’t help the realization that my life wasn’t my own anymore. If I survived this, then I wouldn’t be able to work, I wouldn’t be able to attend the places that I used to. One might ask why this was so, but the answer was blatantly clear. It was because I was with Angel. Even if we broke up, then it wouldn’t change anything because the fact of the matter remained that I had come to care for him and I knew he cared about me. If that much was obvious, then it would only mean that nothing that I did would change the facts at hand. Even if we parted ways living here, someone would no doubt track me down and still harm me.

If I survived this horror, then I would forevermore bear the brand of Angel.

As I lay there for a moment I wanted nothing more than to never move again, the pain was that intense. As I moved slightly, the pain in my stomach had me in tears. As much as I hadn’t wanted to be pregnant, I was. In the short time that I had to understand that I had come to love my child. I had begun to imagine the child growing into a miniature me or Angel. I had honestly just begun preparing myself to be a mother. Now, there was a chance that it wouldn’t happen, a chance that it was all over and I was going to cease to exist with my child. I wonder if Angel were going to stop and come and take me to the hospital or continue his pursuit. He sure as hell hadn’t seemed to give a fuck that I was in that car.  As another painful spasm racked my frame, I felt blood gushing from one place that I knew it wasn’t supposed and in that instant I knew it was all over.

Darius had killed my child. He had succeeded in making myself and Angel pay without even knowing it. My hand moved laboriously towards my stomach, my vision coming in and out in a blur, the sounds around me began to fade and a slow numbness started to course through me. I wasn’t sure if it was from the burning hatred that had begun to soar inside of me or the loss of blood. I had never truly wanted to kill anyone as much as I wanted to kill him in that moment. If I could have moved I would have went after his damn car myself and killed the nigga myself. He wasn’t worth shit.

The squealing of tires was a dim sound and I found that my limbs had begun to feel heavy and my head was aching. Through the blur of my vision I saw him approach and the shock of his light brown eyes was all that I needed to see. I wasn’t supposed to be angry with him and I knew that. I wasn’t supposed to be lying here losing my child or on the brink of death, but I was. I wasn’t blaming him for what had transpired, but in that moment I honestly wished that I had never encountered him or gotten to know the man that had managed to get pass my guards enough to make me lose my mind and forget every promise that I had ever made to myself about him.

The crushing grasp of pain that shot to my heart was excruciating.

Damn me, damn him and damn fucking Darius, was all I could think of during the time that it took for him to lift me gently into his arms and get me to the car. As I was lifted into the car all I could think of was that he was going to pay for this. Darius was going to pay for this if it was the last thing that I did. He was going to pay for all of his crimes and if I had anything to do with it I was going to the executioner. 

Short, short, I know, but I'll do my best to add the next part tomorrow. I won't say I will because we've all seen how that rarely ever works out for me or any of you. What can I say other than that I have a consistent hectic schedule. Even when I'm off work a million other things find their way into my pile of priorities to do. Homework for the most part is winning. I'm juggling to maintain my A's in those classes. I haven't had a 3.5 in a class in a long while and I'm not trying to start now. Anyway, hope you enjoy this brief piece until I add the other. Decided it'd be better to post this now, then to make you wait for the next part. 

Follow me on Instagram, please? @leisadreams

Also next part will introduce the answer to a question that a lot of you have asked. A long awaited question. 

Forgive my errors, but I'm exhausted right now. 

Don't forget to vote,follow and comment!

Good night! 

x Leis x