Chapter Twelve: The Meeting (Part 1)

When the other members of my crew first started entering the house, they took in Keish, Maria and everyone else there. The triplets were still there and they were acting a damn fool. All of them. Keish and Maria had stepped off to the side and were in the kitchen with their backs resting against the wall as they glared down Sofia, Josefina, and Stefanie.

The triplets were giggling in Diablo’s shirts and every now and then, they’d look down their noses at the other two. Diablo knew better than to think that his hos were allowed to stay during a meeting. Hos were good for fucking, but they weren’t a part of the inner circle. They never would be. I didn’t trust them as far as I could throw them.

My command earlier for them to leave and for Keish to come over to me had been disobeyed completely. Maria’s pregnancy didn’t seem to matter to her. She looked over at the three women every now and pointed two fingers at them with narrowed eyes, indicating that she watching their every move. When she wasn’t doing that, then her and Keish were clenching their fists like they were waiting for the perfect opportunity to jump on them.

The kitchen itself was in utter chaos.

Viktor and Pierre were engaged in a heated discussion about the latest sports. Deon was checking out the triplets and attempting to get their numbers. Diablo had switched from his phone to his camcorder and was recording everything going on with them. Why? ‘Cause we both knew that the fight between the five was bound to be inevitable, especially if the triplets stayed any longer.

Shade and Quinton were standing in the living room studying one of Sofia’s bras and speculating on if she’d had plastic surgery or not. Tariq and Darrius were the only two quiet and calm ones. They’d always been that way and I didn’t have any problem with it at all. They were usually what I needed when it came to situations where everyone else was hotheaded. It took a lot to piss them off.

“Enough is enough!” I shouted. “This is how it’s going to work. We have shit to talk about so Sofia, Stefanie, and Josefina bounce. You can flirt with them on their own time. Right now you’re all on my clock, which means you’re wasting my time and I don’t like it.”

They all stopped what they were doing to look at me and then Diablo looked at the triplets and walked over to them.

“I’ll call you back and we can finish this,” he flirted, ruthlessly.

Ten minutes later they were gone and the rest of us were seated in Diablo’s kitchen. He just so happened to have a table in there that seated six of us.

I had managed to snag Keish and she was seated on my lap. I couldn’t help, but become aroused with each movement that she made. She was wiggling around and soon enough I was sporting a hard on that I knew she felt. She turned and looked at me with an arched eyebrow, as if to say, “Really?”

I just smiled roguishly and then turned my attention to everyone else.

“We’re discussing security matters today. I want you all to know about the current situation. Keish and her friends—”

A loud pounding on the door interrupted me. I was sure that it was the three of them. Keish’s friends. Tio, Mario and Miguel. I scowled slightly when Maria rushed to go get the door. She looked at Keish and then grinned wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. I narrowed my eyes. Jealousy wasn’t my forte and I’d never felt it with anyone other than Keish. Her being around other men made me jealous.

Especially when she was around Tio.

As him and the other two stepped into the room, I looked them over to inspect their worth and found them to be normal. Their appearance was slightly disheveled, but that was about it. Two of them had bed hair that looked as though it could stand a good brushing. I was disappointed that they weren’t lacking. I didn’t know Mario from Miguel. Unfortunately, Tio wasn’t one of the two who were disheveled.

 I only recognized Tio because quite a few times the men that I had looking over Keish at times were so persistent in teasing me about their growing flirtations. Tio was a few inches shorter than I was. He easily stood at six foot with black hair that was in a low fade (much similar to my own), he had trademark brown eyes, and he was same complexion that I was.  

“Lakeisha,” Tio’s deep voice murmured, as his eyes found purchase on my woman.

I watched them move first to her position on my lap and then they made a slow examination over her frame, before he licked his lips and finally met her eyes. Yes, he wanted Keish. It was old news to me. It was too damn bad for him that he couldn’t have her. She wasn’t available. He needed to keep those lust filled eyes away, before I made a special visit to someone who would willing take them away from him.

“It’s about time that you three showed your asses,” she responded. “We were going to start without you.”

Tio shrugged. “It’s not my fault those two decided to have a little bout of sex with a pair of sisters,” he told Keish.

Looking at the two of them, I shook my head.

“Lateness is not tolerated here. We don’t have time to waste on bullshit like this,” I said, bluntly. “If you’re going to work at protecting Keish and our own asses, then we all need to reach one understanding. We work in synchronization or not at all. Got it?”

That nigga looked at me and then he nodded his head, before taking a seat on the floor with his back against the wall. Questions were in his eyes and I knew he wanted answers to what was going on, but he’d have them soon enough, if he was too dense to figure it out.

Keish might have been a bit overwhelming with her drama scenes, but this nigga had no idea of what he was up against, if he thought that I’d hand her over to him. I wouldn’t even let him get the idea that my woman was available in his head. Leaning down, I pressed a kiss to Keish’s shoulder holding his eyes the entire time.

Keish didn’t know it, yet, but this meeting was just the beginning of winning her over. I didn’t know if I loved her or not, but I wanted her with me. I wanted just the two of us. I had never experienced love before, but I was familiar with taking care of those who you cared about.

This is only the first part of the chapter. Yes, I know it's short, but I've been writing a few sentences a day, due to writer's block. I think I've hit a somewhat spark. It's still some blockage going I want to clear it.

 I drunk some coffee earlier and it has worn off. Now, I'm at the crash landing phase. 

Anywho, comment please. 

I could use some inspiration from you guys on what angle you think the story could possibly take. Writers sometimes look to readers to figure out what it is that they think and it helps clear the mind from writer's block. So, that's what I'm asking. 

Discuss this book with me a bit to help me get back on track, please? I don't want to just stop writing it and leave you hanging. I'm trying to push past this block. No, it's not that I don't know what to write, it's something else. 

 Don't forget to vote and follow, as well. 

Yawning with half closed eyes,

x Leis x