Chapter Eighteen: Let Me Hold You

A few hours after the events had taken place at the clinic, Maria and I were seated at the table of the brownstone house that we'd arrived at earlier. Viktor, Rome, Diablo, Pierre, Maria and me were seated. Maria was seated next to Viktor and I was seated across from Angel. He kept glancing at me every now and then. I couldn't tell what he was thinking, but he kept glancing at the empty seat next to him.

I wasn't sure why I hadn't moved over next to him like Maria had done when Viktor entered the room. The only thing that I could think about was that Angel and I had been sexually involved and thanks to Maria's loud mouth Rome and pretty much everyone else knew that.

Diablo had shot me a glance five minutes ago with a hint of mischievousness to it. We were all slightly relaxed. Earlier I had been panicking wondering how Nor and Viktor were going to be treated, but apparently Angel had a doctor on his payroll.

Doctor James Cartwright just happened to be married to a cousin of Angel's family and he was into a few side things himself. He had first treated Nor because his injuries had been terrible.

Nor had been shot five times in different areas. One bullet had exited through his right shoulder. Two bullets had been near his side. One of those bullets had grazed his side and the other had embedded itself into his stomach. The last two bullets had hit near the same exact spot on his arm.

His arm was now in a cast. The doctor had given him morphine and a few other drugs to numb him and put him to sleep while he did his surgery. Nor was going to be fine but he'd have bed rest for a few weeks so that he didn't tear open the stitches or cause himself to start bleeding again.

The doctor had worked proficiently on Nor and Viktor. I was just glad that they were alright. Rome was calmed down a bit more and had joined the discussion despite Pierre's protests that he wasn't in the circle. Angel had told him he could sit in, but it didn't mean that he was trusting him.

"So how did Darius know to come?" Angel questioned.

"These two little niggas kept trying to hit on us, then those bitches LiLi and Shay came in with crew. It turned one of them ratchet little niggas was LiLi's cousin. Shay is Darius' sister. Jafari and Mar-Mar texted him after LiLi's big mouth ass told him we were associated with you and Vik," I explained.

Angel looked pissed off suddenly. "You should've called me," he said, glaring at me. "Jafari and Mar-Mar are well known for the games of cat and mouse that they play with females."

"Them little niggas young, but wild," Viktor added. “Why didn’t you two take one of us with y’all?”

Maria scoffed, before rolling her eyes. “Nigga, we ain’t the only one in the blame. Yo’ ass knew we was leaving, why didn’t you hop on the damn bandwagon and go with us?”

She raised a good point. One of them was supposed to leave with us. Maria would’ve wanted Rome to go, so she could check him out without Viktor’s prying eyes.

Angel’s eyes flew to Viktor and he scowled.

This was getting ridiculous. I was starting to feel irritated. This wasn’t a blame game. I accepted that regardless of Viktor not coming along with us that we should’ve taken someone along with us. We probably still would’ve encountered trouble, but it wouldn’t have been as drastic or dramatic. I took my share of the blame.

 “This isn’t a blame game,” I snapped. “Shit has gone down. It doesn’t matter what happened at this point. We all learned from it. Let’s move forward and make no plans so this doesn’t happen again.”