Chapter Twenty: Revelations of the Truth (Part II)

Part II

Angel and Rome stared off at each other in contempt and I looked around for a moment, deciding that it was best to get Angel the hell out of there, before Rome on one of his retarded binges tried to pull some shit. All of this just because he wanted to show his ass. He claimed to not be afraid of Angel, but I wasn’t sure if it was the truth of a lie. I was afraid of Angel at times. Afraid of what he was capable of doing and that he did without any remorse.

“Bye, Rome,” I said, shaking my head.

“You don’t know why he’s mad?” Diablo asked, chuckling. “You really gone pretend like Rome ain’t been in here trying to spit game at you all night?”

I glared at Diablo murderously. It wasn’t a secret that Rome was trying to hit on me and it most certainly wasn’t meant to be one. With how angry this nigga was Diablo should’ve known better than to bring that shit up. It’d just rile him up even more. I sighed inwardly. Damn Diablo’s big mouth.

After his words Angel turned towards Rome. He released my arm as he stepped forward. “You stepping to my woman behind my back?” he accused.

My eyebrows shot up at that, but I kept quiet.

“Your woman?” Rome disagreed. “She hasn’t agreed to anything yet. She’s still available as far as I’m concerned.”

Angel shook his head. From what I knew of him, he wasn’t one for much words. He was more of action than words and I found that to be refreshing. Yet, in this instance I was hoping that he wasn’t himself today and would be willing to speak rather than fight. Nigga fights usually ended in bloodshed and bullet wounds.

“Keish knows where she belongs and whom she belongs to. There’s no question or doubt about it,” Angel countered, easily.

His voice was evenly toned but there was no mistaking the possessiveness in his tone. I wasn’t used to him sounding so in control of everything evolving around me. Hell, I wasn’t used to the nigga staking an open and honest claim over me. I placed one hand on my forehead knowing that Rome wasn’t going to keep his big ass mouth shut. He was going to keep talking and everything was going to go downhill from there.

“Is that right?” Rome drawled, before turning to me. “Keish who do you belong to?”

I groaned openly at that question. How like him to drag me into a discussion that I’d much rather watch than be a part of. I glanced over at Angel to see what his reaction was to it. He looked at me briefly and his eyes moved over my frame before coming back up. I knew what that look meant. It was casually, yet it spoke volumes.

I didn’t belong to anyone other than myself, but if asked who I was interested in than it’d be Angel. I wasn’t interested in Rome. Fine or not he was a male ho and on top of all of that a conceited and arrogant one.

“Don’t drag me into this mess. I told your ass that I wasn’t interested,” I remarked.

Angel continued staring at me. His gaze was dark and intent. Just having those angry but demanding eyes on mine made me shiver. It was a shiver of anticipation, fear, and yearning. How had managed to pull off the dark cold man on a mission and still make my blood warm up was beyond my comprehension.  

I was tempted to stay silet. I knew that my words were all that was needed to disregard the drama at hand here. I didn’t want Angel going buck wild crazy in the bowling alley, so I threw my hands up in defeat. This would no doubt stroke the fires of Angel’s ego. It would hopefully give Rome some sense to back off and leave uninterested alone.