Chapter Twenty: Revelations of Truth (Part I)

Maria couldn’t be doing what I thought she was doing, could she? I wondered to myself. That was my bitch. She wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize her relationship with Viktor would she? She was down for that nigga. She didn’t play about him being faithful to her. All the years that I’d known her she’d never been into double standards, so I didn’t think that she would be now. There had to be some other explanation.

My bitch couldn’t be two timing on Vik. She just couldn’t be doing so.

Heading back over to where everyone else was, I was immediately confronted by the sight of Rome staring at me with intense eyes. His hazel green eyes roamed over my figure lazily before coming up to meet my gaze with a grin that put his dimples on display. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I found that I was no longer in the mood to bowl and I sat down in one of the tiny ass seats that were there in our little section of the two lanes that we’d paid for.

I’d never understand why these hard plastic seats had been put in the area instead of chairs with cushions. Pushing my slight discomfort away I took my phone out of my pocket and went under my scheduler and placed in the address that I had been told. I was going to show up there tomorrow and see what was up. I was hesitant to take Angel because him and Viktor were cool. If my bitch was creeping on her nigga then I didn’t want his friend to break the news to him. No if Maria had jumped stupid then I was going to confront her about it and then depending on her reasoning then I’d decide if I was going to make her play confessions with Viktor.

That I was honestly contemplating. Bad bitch rule number two stated that bad bitches ride for each other and do whatever is necessary to be down for each other. That along with bad bitch rule number ten which stand that a bad bitch didn’t trample another bad bitch’s joy, had me confused about how to deal with the situation. Of course I was aware that it wasn’t my business, but she was my bitch so technically it involved me.

I narrowed my eyes as I considered the situation. I decided to let the matter rest for the time being and move onto other less stressful subjects. Looking over towards Ebony and Shade, I chuckled. Those two were certainly hitting it off. That was a good thing. I hoped things worked out. I thought that they’d make a really cute couple. He was certainly a new breed of man. Not too many men these days could get past the idea of a skinny and “shapely” woman that seemed to make up the female population of today.

Most men were too shallow. They couldn’t see inner beauty or even a beautiful face, if a woman was overweight. Personally, I didn’t think that there was anything wrong with being overweight. If the person was happy and confident than that was all that mattered. I found it shameful that men couldn’t get past one simple factor: slimness. Ebony was cool. She seemed down to earth and reasonable. I didn’t know her or Shade too well, but I thought that the two of them could possibly be suited. From what I had seen of Ebony and Shade they were compatible. Shade had a quick, sarcastic wit about him, while Ebony had a straight to the point demeanor about her.

I looked away from the two of them and found that Rome had taken it upon himself to take my Slurpee and drink from it. I gaped at him from a moment. Of all the nerve in the world. This nigga had just took my Slurpee that I had paid for. I oughta kick his ass.

“What the hell you think you doing?” I snapped. “Taking my shit without asking.”

He laughed as he released the straw from between his lips and stared at me. “I was thirsty, shorty. You had something available so I took it.”

U shook my head and glared at him. “That sounds real stupid. Go buy your own damn shit,” I told him.

He laughed again as he took another drink from my cup before attempting to hand it back to me. I slapped his hand and shook my head. “Hell naw, nigga!” I scoffed. “I don’t know where the hell yo’ mouth been. Keeping that shit away from me. I don’t even want it no more. You can have it.”