Chapter Seven: Down For You

Chapter Seven: Down for You

Work had been tiring over the past few days. I felt like I had been hit by a semi and then ran over by a car-well mentally, I did. My mind was tired from having to fill in positions and try to act as if I had fifty arms. We were short some people for the past few days, so I was doing six different positions at the same time. I had also stayed over time, working a total of sixteen hours each of those days. I knew that would make that check look amazingly good and I'd be able to go shopping, but right now I just wanted to do something different.

I wanted to relax without any drama whatsoever. Yawning, I looked down at the touchscreen phone in my hand. Yes, I had upgraded from that little flip three years ago to an HTC phone. It was an Android device. I wanted it that way. I didn't like Apple products and probably never would.

The screen displayed that I had an incoming text message from Maria. Swiping my forefinger across the touchscreen, I unlocked it and viewed the message.

Maria

Girl, what the fuck you doing? I told yo ass we was gone chill today. You betta come get this door. 

~Viktor's Wifey~

As if on cue, she started knocking on the door and I shook my head. Trust Maria to be loud while knocking on the door. I could hear her talking on the phone through the door. She was cussing someone out, no doubt Viktor. Walking over to the door, I opened it and stared at her. She was speaking into the phone heatedly. Every other word come from her mouth was Spanish. I knew then that it was Viktor, so I chuckled motioning for her to come in. She stepped into the apartment and then rolled her eyes at the phone, before finally hanging it up.

"He got me bent and twisted, thinking I'm stupid. I wasn't born yesterday. He ain't hustling them blocks with them fools," she said, looking at me. Then her lips quivered as she looked at me. "Papi cheating on me," she said, before bursting into tears.

"Viktor wouldn't be stupid enough to do that. He know what he got at home. Besides, that papi know you don't play," I reassured her.

This was probably the first of many signs of her hormones acting a fool.

"What makes you think that?"

"He hasn't been coming home until five in the morning. He's keeping all kinds of hours. It seems like the only thing that he wants from me is sex these days. I'm afraid that since I'm pregnant and fat that he'll go searching for sex with some ho."

I shook my head. I knew it took a lot for her to express these insecurities to me, but I also knew that it'd take a lot for her to come out of that stupor. It was time for me to put on my best friend cap and help her through this. She was stronger than this. She shouldn't be crying over any nigga, especially not Viktor. They'd been together for so long that it didn't make sense. There shouldn't be any reason for them to be like this. Or for her to even think that he was cheating.

"Girl, quit all that whining shit and shit down. We don't cry over niggas. We're bad bitches," I said, giving her our empowerment speech. "Bad bitches hold their own. We're not weak, we kick ass, especially when it comes to cheating niggas."

I was quiet after that watching her wipe away tears. She chuckled looking over at me.

"You really think you a bad bitch, don't you?" she questioned, before laughing.

I shook my head. Maria was so silly at times.

"I know I am and you are too. Get your ass into gear and get moving. We're going to go hunt us a Viktor down and find exactly what he considers to be street hustling. If he doing anything with one of these hos, we'll jump that ass. It's that simple. Now, dry those eyes and get up. We going to go find yo man."