Chapter Twenty-Six: Going Crazy

Angel:

Staring into Darius’s eyes I found myself feeling an emotion that I didn’t feel for too many people: hatred. This man was something that I was sure the world would be better without and would surely end most of the chaos in my life. Staring at him as he sat in the chair, his chin resting on his chest, I gave a cold smile. Satisfaction filled me as I took the bucket of ice cold water and tossed it onto him. He was conscious again and panting in pain. Diablo had already taken the pleasure of carving into him with his utensils. The floor was covered in blood and the stench of sweat could be smelled throughout the room.

“Good, you’re awake again,” I greeted, before moving forward and taking the wrench and forcing his mouth open. Adjusting the settings of the tool, I allowed it to tighten before yanking the wrench and pulling his last tooth out of his mouth. He screamed in pain and rolled his head around for a moment to adjust to the pain. I dropped the tooth into the bowl with the rest of them. It was there for a purpose. When the cops finally got through the debris after the fire, they’d be wondering who the victim was. I wanted everyone to know who it was, but no condemning DNA, so his teeth were coming with and going to the bottom of the closest lake within ten miles. 

“Not so smug now are you, muthafucka?” Diablo asked with a grin.

Darius didn’t say anything and I was honestly sick of the smell radiating from him and the warehouse. “Dead men can’t boast, connive behind backs, snitch, or manipulate those people in other people’s lives,” I said quietly, before I dropped the wrench in place and instead grabbed the scalpel that was among the tools. I made sure the gloves I wore were secure before prying his mouth open and grabbing a hold of his tongue and slicing through.

As I finished that, I watched the pain across his face and finished the job. The scalpel easily cut through the muscles of his neck and within minutes his head was on the floor. Immediately, I stepped back to avoid the spray of blood.

“Pull the floor tiles, you know those damn cops are going to be looking for footprints,” I ordered.

Immediately, three men stepped forward and using the crowbars begin to pull the floor tiles. I wasn’t an idiot by any means. The weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders and nothing was going to take me down from this high. I’d seen “The First 48”. I knew cops could see beyond the floor and x-ray it with technology. There wasn’t going to be any DNA or any of that left behind because every inch of my skin was covered with black clothing and my head was covered completely with ski mask. Gloves covered up finger prints.

Two hours later, I stepped back from the curb of the warehouse in nothing but a pair of boxers. The clothes I’d worn were in a garbage bag along with Diablo’s. They’d be taken somewhere away from the city and burned. I headed to the SUV that we’d switch to. One of the others had taken the Hummer from the other property and drove it out of state before it came under suspicion. We drove off watching as the explosion hit the warehouse and shook the ground around the vehicle.

**

Keish:

I could hear voices around me. Unfamiliar voices speaking in terms of speech that weren’t exactly clear to me. They must have been doctors or nurses. The only thing that I understood was the words “hemorrhage” and “miscarriage”. A slight headache was pounding at my temples. I knew all too well what those two words meant. They meant that I had lost a lot of blood and even worse I had lost my child. Slowly opening my eyes, I blinked rapidly trying to adjust to the bright lights in the hospital room. I moved slightly and felt pain dart throughout my body. A hiss escaped from between my teeth and my eyes clenched shut.