Chapter Fourteen: The Club & the After Math (Part I)

Looking over at Maria’s crazy ass I looked at the outfit that she had chosen to wear and chuckled. Crazy as she was, I couldn’t help but admit that the girl had style. She always had. When I’d first met her I’d thought she was one of those girlie girl types with a stuck up attitude. That idea had quickly diffused when she’d took her earrings off in five seconds flat ready to fight some ho that had bumped into her.

I’d found that entirely amusing until the hos friends had stepped forward like they were gone jump in. That had been enough for me to step forward and stand ground with her. Later I’d found out that the said hos were Natasha, Trina and one of their other hos. That had been the first time that I had beaten Trina’s ass. That fight at the beach hadn’t been the first time. Nor would it be the last.

Dropping the robe that I had donned after my shower, I headed over to the closet. I still hadn’t picked out an outfit. I’d only dried off and put on my underwear. This was quite normal for the two of us to walk around in our underwear. It was no different than going to the beach in a bikini and walking around like that.

Pushing hangers back, I scanned the closet. I wasn’t going for my normal attire. I wanted to dress sexy as fuck. I wanted to enjoy this trip to the club because I got the feeling that Angel’s crazy ass wasn’t likely to let it happen too often. As I came across the dresses in my closet, I stopped looking at the gorgeous red dress that hung in the closet. I knew immediately that it was perfect.

The structure of it was what had caught my eye. It was a short dress with an off the shoulder design. The back of it was made of thin gold chains that stopped at the lower back. It was a dress that I’d bought to go clubbing with Ambrianna but never worn because she’d died before we got to do that. I sighed inwardly, sadness filling me for a moment, then I composed myself. Ambrianna would want me to have fun tonight.

So I would.

Taking the dress off the hanger, I slid it over my head. It fit my figure like a second skin and I smoothed my hands down over my hips, loving the texture of it.

“Girl, you look sexy as fuck in that!” Maria squealed. “Papi gone be all over you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Maria, calm down would you? How many times I’m gon’ have to tell yo slow ass that I ain’t going to the club for Angel tonight? I’m going for me. I’m gone have some fun too.”

Outwardly, I knew that I looked and sounded just as confident as I always did about that subject in particular, but honestly I didn’t know. I wanted Angel with a desperation that I hadn’t known that I was capable of. Just being around him got my panties wet. I knew that things wouldn’t be so complicated, if I just gave in. I wasn’t certain about him and besides that why should I make everything easy for his ass? Nah, he’d have to work for me.

“Quit frontin’ bitch,” Maria retorted. “Yo ass know you want that boy. Papi too fine for any woman to resist him. He trying to wife yo ass and yo ignorant ass trying to fight him. Bitch you betta remember that everything that glitters ain’t gone glitter forever. He’s waited some time for you. Give a nigga a chance and if he fuck it up, we can both beat his ass.”

A laugh bubbled up in my throat and I looked over at her with a roll of my eyes. This bitch had a point I admitted. The only thing stopping me from even giving the nigga a chance was my own self-doubts and concerns. Nothing wrong with those, but maybe I was being too hard on the nigga. Then again, maybe not. I didn’t have to worry about it right now.

Combing my fingers through my hair, I messed it slightly giving it volume boost. Grabbing a pair of four inch red stilettos I finished off the outfit with gold accessories. Satisfied I left the room with Maria and we went into the living room to meet with Angel, Tio and the other niggas. We were rolling deep and I knew it. Going into the club it’d look like Angel and entourage. It’d definitely make a nigga think twice before starting some drama.