Chapter Eight: The Hunt

I scowled as she asked the question. I stared at the woman looking across from us, like she had m not a damn care in the world. This crazy bitch LiLi was on one. She would talk, even if I had beat her ass to get answers. It was obvious that she thought that somebody was supposed to be scared of her. Not this one. I didn't even have no problem going upside her. Hell, I figured I'd be doing her a favor.

Someone needed to teach her something. She didn't fight, not that I'd seen but she sure as hell did start shit. Rarely, anyone came fucking with her. Maybe it was time someone did so.

"Bitch ain't nobody ask you to ask questions. Don't worry about it just answer the damn question," I snapped.

LiLi chuckled and then took another bite out of her pizza. She stood there chewing steadily and watching all three of us. She didn’t appear to be anywhere near ready to reply.

 "Why y'all wanna know where Vik at? What you scared that nigga came running back to me?"

"Nah, Viktor knows better, bitch," Maria responded. "And if you keep talking crazy like that, yo face gone know my fist."

“Yo check this,” Maria added, “if you don’t answer the damn question, I’m gone stomp yo ass all over the place.”

LiLi finished eating and laughed. “Nah, yo pregnant ass ain’t stupid. I don’ give a fucks about pregnant women. I’ll fight a pregnant bitch any day. She lose the baby? Oh well, she should’ve known better than to fuck with me.” Her voice was nonchalant and flat.

 I looked at her like she was crazy. She had to be to be talking to my homegirl like that. I'd go hard for Maria, bitch betta recognize. Then she thought that I was gone stand back and let her touch my pregnant friend? Bitch must’ve had me confused with someone else.

"You won't do shit, but get yo ass beat. What the fuck you talking about? I wish you would lay hands on her. I'll shove my foot up yo ass so fast...Bitch, just answer the question."

LiLi looked over at me with a "bitch please" expression. She took another bite if the pizza in her hand and looked towards, Ebony.

"If I was you, I'd stay away from these bitches. They dead bitches walking."

I watched as Ebony turned her head towards LiLi. "But you ain't me, bitch. Now answer the damn question. Ain't nobody got all day."

LiLi shook her head. "Yo’ funeral," she said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I retorted, fed up.

I was about ready to beat her ass, toss her out her house, search it and then beat her ass again.

"It means that everyone is aware of your involvement with that fool, Angel. His days at the top will be ending soon," she said, nonchalantly. "As for lover boy...He's not here. Bye bitches."

She closed the door and we stood there for a moment. I looked at the door for a moment, tempted to still beat her ass and then keep it moving. Instead, of following through with that thought, I turned and walked away. Ebony and Maria followed behind me. Maria cussing rapidly in Spanish and Ebony just scoffing every now and then. I couldn’t believe the nerve of that woman.

I was in shock. Everything that I had worked to avoid was down the drain. I had taken precautions to not be associated with Angel. All of it had been for nothing. North end niggas were thinking that I was involved with the nigga.

Hell no.

 It was time for Angel and me to have a long talk.

Turning my attention back to the hand, I thought about the fact that we could be relieved that Viktor wasn’t over there with that crazy bitch. If he had been, then I would’ve went ballistic on that ass and Maria would’ve too. I didn’t like that he still was communicating with the heifa.