Chapter Nine: Say Something

Something different here. A bit into the mind of Angel, though, I'm not sure if I want to continue on with just Lakeisha or alternate.

Chapter Nine: Say Something

Angel looked at me like I was stupid when those words left my mouth, then he laughed. The expression on his face only served to piss me off more than before. Fucker thought this was funny, did he?

My facial expression became flat as he looked at me.

"Mami, that's one thing that I can't control. I can't control who wants to kill you. Nor can you blame me for it. I did nothing more than express my interest."

I frowned. "That's exactly the problem. You know you're like this big ass dart board just waiting to be targeted and shot. You're the damn bullseye and everyone else around you is the outer edges."

He arched an eyebrow. "Has it ever crossed your mind that with that smart ass mouth you got that maybe you're the problem?" he questioned. "Maybe them North end niggas are still pissed that you were present when their homeboy got shot. Keish, you can't do this shit. You can't be around someone like Viktor and not expect to be targeted. It's well known that he works for me."

I looked at him with my mouth slightly agape. Viktor and he were working together? Wait...how was this and Viktor was doing business with them Northerners. I shook my head. Shit all this time being around my best friend and her man had been placing me in danger? I didn't believe it. If Angel had stayed away from me then no one would've ever knew that we even knew each other.

"You still could've kept your ass away from me. Thanks to you, I'm now a part of the Kill Angel's Crew List. They think we're romantically involved. We're not!"

"Why you sound like that? Ain't nothing wrong with us being involved. You know I'm feeling the hell out of you girl." He stepped closer to me and used one finger to stroke my cheek. "I'm not thinking of anyone other than you, Keish. You've got me hypnotized."

I rolled my eyes. "Nigga, please, I ain't an idiot. You fine and all, but you got more issues than any other nigga that I know."

He chose that moment to throw me off balance. Instead of listening to what I was, he moved so close that we were less than an inch away from each other. His chest pressed against mine and his thighs were against me. He was taller than me. In this manner, I felt the warmth of his body and the tense display of muscles. The fact that he was also turned on was something that I couldn’t ignore. The hard hot press of him against my stomach had me closing my eyes for a moment.

When I opened them again, he was lowering his head to mine. Then his lips were brushing over mine. A small peck came first, then he deepened that into a kiss. At first I didn’t respond. Then I felt his tongue brush over my bottom lip and I opened my mouth and began to kiss him like there was no tomorrow. The kiss had started off light and it gradually moved into something more intense. My arms moved up around his neck and his hands moved down to my ass. He grasped it and caressed both cheeks in his hands.

His tongue entered my mouth and for a moment we battled for dominance, until I gave in. His lips were soft velvet brushing over mine continuously. Each movement and every brush of his tongue over mine, sent flames of desire spiraling down to my center.

A slight moan escaped me at the pleasure that being this close to him brought to me. The feel of his lips on mine caused a whirlwind of desire to course through me. It was intense and I had never felt it before. I pressed my body closer to his and he used his hands to lift me up by the ass. Instinctively, I wrapped my legs around his waist as I became even more involved with the kiss. His hands moved from my ass up to my hair, his fingers running through the long dark strands caressingly.