Last Ruby guard

(Steven Universe Au where Tom is a Sapphire, Tord as his Ruby guard, Edd as a Peridot and Matt as a Amethyst)

No one's P.O.V

"You do know I don't like being your Ruby guard, right?" Tord exclaimed as he followed his Sapphire's steps down their ship. They had just landed on Earth because Blue Diamond wanted a member of her court to observe the 'soon to be a goner' planet.

When Tord instantly became Tom's Ruby guard, he keeps telling him that he was boring and he was too quiet. Tom was okay with this, he had a lot of Ruby guards whom told him that. And because of that he had to replace a Ruby for another again.

That's just how his life cycle as a 'boring' sapphire was.

"Yes, I know. By the time we will get home, I'll be asking for a new Ruby guard. So for the time being just shut your mouth." Tom replied calmly as he looked around then paused when he saw the beautiful crimson sky.

Tord glance over to him in confusion as to what he was looking at. He looked up and felt astonished to see how the color red, yellow and orange combined into a beautiful sight. He then peeked his head to look at Tom from the back.

"Can you really see with those bangs?" Tord asked while pointing at Tom.

(He kinda look like this.)

"Yes, I can." Tom replied, immediately making Tord shut up.

They walked to through forests, meadows, and streams. None of them spoke until the darkness swallowed the sky. Tord sighed, he was getting bored especially with Tom.

He was walking behind Tom, giving him the chance to observe the Sapphire. Tord soon adored his blue toned skin and how graceful he was swaying his body.

Tom hummed a song which echoed through the forest trees. Tord glanced over and walked beside Tom,

"What are you doing?" The Ruby asked as he kept his eyes locked down on the Sapphire.

"I'm doing what humans call 'humming'" Tom replied then continued humming. Tord just shrugged and just listened to the Sapphire. He felt relaxed with it.

"You know.. you're not so bad after all." Tord said as he crossed his arms and smiled at Tom who still didn't turn his head to look at him. Tom ignored him and continued humming as he walked with light steps.

'of course he's gonna ignore me.' Tord thought as he glanced over to the Sapphire who suddenly stopped on his tracks. He also stopped humming and looked up. Tord looked up to what he was looking..

A display of stars lighting up like a bridge, lighting up a path. Though the moon was no where in sight but the stars were all bright.

Tord stared, he felt amazed. He never knew Earth can be this breathtaking.

"What a beautiful place to build a colony..." Tom stated making Tord look at his direction. Tom glanced over to Tord and smiled, "I wish I could have seen more of this planet." Tom added.

Tord felt his face warmed unaware that his face was two times darker than his shade of red. He was confused why Sapphire said that so suddenly.

Suddenly Tom pushed Tord away hitting a tree and dropped on the grass.

Tord groaned and opened one eye.

Tom was standing by him and in front of them was none other than 'Peridot Green' the leader of the battalion. He was holding his sword over to the Sapphire's gem.

Tord realized Tom just saved his life, he now realized why Tom was talking like that. After all he has the ability to see into the future.

"Thank you, Ruby, for being my last Ruby guard." Tom stated looking at the Ruby. The Peridot swayed his sword as he was ready to shatter the Sapphire's gem into pieces.

"NO!!"