Chapter 143 - We Killed Them

Marshall's P.O.V:
"I'm taking her out....I don't know where. She likes long walks and all the stuff she see's in those romantic movies." Ryder says, making Iris laugh. 

"You don't even know how to spell romantic." Iris laughs, making me shake my head as I smile lightly. 

"Very funny." I hear Ryder mumbles.

"Take her to KFC." I say, making him roll his eyes.

"I actually feel sorry for mom if you took her out to eat KFC on her birthday." Ryder says. 

"I didn't take her out to eat KFC." I state. 

"Wow. Well done dad." Ryder says sarcastically, making Iris laugh lightly.

"I ordered KFC." I say as I stand up.  Ryder and Iris laugh as they shake their head.

"Anyway mum. I was wondering if you can help me find a gift for her." Ryder says. I turn to face Tessa when she doesn't reply. 

Tessa went to see Nick today and came back a few minutes ago. She's been quiet since she came back. I tried talking to her but Iris and Ryder walked in. She looks so...Out of it and lost.

"Why do you want to buy her a gift? You usually dump the girls you bring home and sleep with the next day." Iris says before she hops off the counter. I watch Ryder glare at his twin sister, making her bite down on her lip quickly. "What I meant to say was-" She starts and gets cut off. 

"You've been having girls around here, Ry?" I ask quickly. "If I find out you-" I start and get cut off.

"Did Iris tell you about Tommy, dad?" Ryder says as he stands up.

"Tommy?" I repeat. 

"Yeah. He was here the other night in her bedroom." He adds as he walks away.

"Iris." I turn to face her. Her eyes go wide as she watches Ryder walk out of the kitchen. "Who the hell is Tommy?" I ask. 

"Goodnight!" We hear Ryder say. "I love your Iris!" He laughs.

"Who's Tommy, Iris?" I ask again.

"No one." She says quickly.

"You had a boy over?" I ask. 

"What? No!" She says shakes her head. 

"So what? Tommy is a girl?" I ask. 

"Does it matter if Tommy is a girl or boy?" She asks. 

"Yes it matters if Tommy is a girl or a boy." I throw my hands up in the air. "Why was he here and why was he in your bedroom?" I ask.

I look up at Tessa when I hear glass smash as the water runs. I stand up straight and watch her look down at the broken glass that's cut through the yellow washing up gloves. Her mouth hangs open slightly as she stares at the broken glass. The phone rings and from the corner of my eye, I see Iris walk towards it before she answer it.

"Hello? Oh hey Melanie." Iris says before she walks away. 

"Iris. I'm not done yet." I turn to face her. "Wait in my studio." I add.

"Yes dad." She lets out a sigh. I turn away from her and face Tessa. "I swear I am going to murder Ry, Melanie." I hear Iris say as she walks away. I shake my head before I turn around to face my wife.

"Tessa?" I call her name as I make my way towards her. I place my hand on her shoulder, making her look up at me. My eyes scan her tear stained face. The last time i've seen her cry was....Well before Karla and Chris died. "Hey...What's wrong?" I whisper. I take her gloves off for her and rinse her hands. "What's wrong?" I ask again.