Chapter 139 - Olivia

Tessa's P.O.V:
I lock my car with the car keys as I walk away slowly. I ignore the cops who drink their coffee as they talk to eachother in the parking lot. I smile at the man in the suit by the glass door who nods at me before he holds the door open.

"Hi, i'm Tessa." I smile at the man once he closes the door behind us.

"I know who you are." He nods.

"Right." I look away from him and out the glass windows.

"I'm Sam. We talked over the phone the other night." He says. I glance down at his hand before I shake it and smile at him. 

"Nice to meet you." I smile. 

"Likewise, Tessa." He nods before I pull away. 

"Well. Where is he?" I ask and fold my arms across my chest.

"Follow me." He says before he starts to walk ahead of me. "He pulled out a gun and threatened to shoot my friend when he pulled him to the side." Sam looks back at me. 

"He would never do that." I state. 

"Well he did and we have the footage from the cops car to prove it." He adds. "He was drunk....Which is like a regular thing for him now." He adds. 

"Hmm." I raise my brows and shake my head as I follow him down the corridor. A few officers smile and nod at me whilst some just stare at me. 

"This place is like a second home to him now." He says, referring to the police station.

"Just like it was back in California." I mumble to myself. Sam unlocks the door and stands against it, waiting for me to walk in. I walk into the room before he closes the door behind me. 

"Don't worry. He can't see you." He tells me as he gestures towards the window. I place my bag down on the table and sit down on the edge of it. "I'll go get him ready." He says as he walk towards the door. 

"I have someone outside that can take him home." I say before he can walk out.

"Is he not going home with you?" He asks in confusion. 

"No. I have somewhere to be." I say. I watch him sigh before he nods. 

"Look. Tessa." He says, making me sigh. "I've known him for a very long time. I haven't seen him like this since he moved to Detroit. He needs a friend after what happene-" He starts, making me cut in.

"Well he has you." I shrug.

"Not any more." He says. I raise my brow, waiting for him to speak. After a few seconds, he lets out a sigh and tucks his hands into his trousers. "Ever since your friends died, he started to pick fights with me over the littlest of things. So....A few weeks back, he said he didn't want me around anymore and blocked my number, ignored my calls and refused to let me see him." He says. "He needs you, Tessa." He adds. 

I lick my lips nervously and look away from Sam again. I place my bag down and bury my head into my hands. I expected for Sam to be gone already but he stays there, as if he's waiting for an answer. 

"I don't want Nick to know i'm here....Or was here." I say and look back at him. Sam lets out a sigh before he opens his mouth to speak, making me cut in quickly. "Thank you for calling me." I add and look away. I hear the door open before it closes  again.