Chapter 10: Truth is a Terrible Thing

"Does she need to go to hospital?"

"I think she is okay. Bleeding has stopped"

"What do you think happened?"

"She was laid at the bottom of the stairs bleeding and with if i think it was her father stood over her"

"Did she fall?"

"I'm not sure. The man seemed angry. You know, fists clenched. Sweat dripping"

"He did it to her?"

"I-! just don't know"

Faint voices mumbled as I slowly woke up - confused. Head spinning. Shooting pains. Aching limbs. Prying my weary eyes open slowly, I quickly glanced around the room to find a worried looking Pierce The Veil; Jaime had his head in his hands, Mike was looking down to his feet, Vic was pacing up and down the bus and Tony was sat there staring into space. "Guys, wha- ow!" I attempted to move and speak but as I put pressure on my hands to pull myself up, I had severe shooting pains in my ribs and that area.

"Flex! You in pain?" Vic rushed over to the sofa where is was laid as the others watched.

"Yeah but I'll be okay"

"Here" Mike passed some pills and a glass of water over. After taking them, I felt slightly better almost instantly.

"Wha-what happened?" I asked laying there looking at the band.

"We were going to ask you the same question" Jaime chuckled, trying to make me smile - he succeeded. "As long as you are okay. You had us all worried" He continued and I nodded my head. After himself and Vic went  to make some mexican food, Mike went to the backroom for a smoke and Tony went back into a daydream, I remained lying on the sofa. Half-smiling, my mind attempted to recall what happened. Suddenly, it all came back and my face must have shown that thought. Tony stood up and wandered over to me. As I failed to sit up, he helped me and sat next to me as I leant onto him slightly.

"I am here if you want to talk. I may seem shy not a people's person but I truly care about fans and I truly care about you" He spoke quietly but lovingly.

"it-it was my fa-father. He did this. It's no' tha first time" I choked in the tears, "him and ma step mam beat me"

"awh I'm sorry Flex. We should turn him to the police or something. I don't want him to hurt you anymore" Tony whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist lightly so he didn't inflict any pain. "Well you are safe now" Tony ensured.

Am I really? Tonight is still planned...