Chapter 6: Daydream Away

Pulling my skinny, bare arms closer to my chest, I rubbed them with a little force with my bony hands in an attempt to warm them up. I was only wearing a vest-top, shorts with dark tights and purple Docs. Also, I was using my bought merch in bags as a cushion for my bottom as it was hurting from the cold, hard pavement. It was freezing but I didn't want to leave. I didn't want the night to end. Not just yet anyway. Sadly, the concert finished roughly four hours ago - yesterday! 

The safest option I could currently take was to leave in a few minutes so I can get home before Pamela wakes up for work; that way, neither of them will realize I have been out all night. Last time I stayed out all night, father beat me more than usual and locked me in my room for a week. To some people, staying in their room for a week sounds good but not for me, least those people have a choice, have a bathroom, have food, drinks. I didn't.

The consequences will get worse because I have done it again.

Thinking about it, I should be more concerned about Olivia - I am here best friend - but she has done this so many times I have lost count! However, I am still nervous about the situation; wouldn't you be if your best friend, the only person who cares for you and knows your deepest, darkest secrets runs off most nights to have sex with a random dude although  she has a boyfriend who she 'cares' for? Puttiing it that way, she doesn't seem to be a nice person and not much of a friend. Olivia has her moments - who doesn't?

Ergh, time is ticking too fast. I need to leave...

Slipping my old-fashioned mobile phone and iPod into my pockets, was collected myself together I didn't want to leave anything. Before standing, I glanced around to ensure nobody was to follow me. To think that there is acutally disgusting creeps like that out there - Olivia is probably with one now. Suddenly, the back door to the venue swung open which startled me. Jumping out of my skin, my head followed into the direction of the noises I could hear getting louder by the second. The noises became muffled voices which quickly turned into hush words.Before I had time to react to the voices I regonised they stepped out of the building. My mouth open like a goldfish's, I must have looked a deer in car headlights.

Where they really there? Was Pierce The Veil really stood about 4 metres away from me?

"Hey, Darlin' you okay down there?" Vic spoke.