Chapter 27

Six Months Later

Mikky’s POV

I have been in Canada for a little over a month. 

It’s pretty out here. Lots of room for my wolf to run. She is weaker than she used to be, but there has to be some side effects to being rejected twice.

It’s also very isolated. Which is a good thing. I wouldn’t be able to stay here long otherwise. 

I ran to South Carolina after escaping Jason six months ago. 

I was only there for three days when I picked up the scent of wolves from the Blood Moon Pack. 

I left right away. 

When I was in Maine, I smelt Jason.

After that, I gave up on settling down. With two packs hunting me down, I thought that I’d be on the run for the rest of my life. 

Until a month ago.

I was miserable moving from place to place.

I missed human contact, but what’s the point of making friends if you have to move the next day?

After two months, my wolf lost it. 

I went on a three month rage, killing every wolf that I came into contact with. I never shifted back to human form.

I was paranoid that they were one of the people looking for me.

I was also jealous. Most of them had families. They lived in a pack, but I was alone. I am a rouge to even the rouges.

After killing so many wolves that I lost count, I was public enemy number one.

I’m being hunted by every pack in North America. 

They have people at every airport and dock. There is no escape off of this continent. 

I eventually made my way up to Canada. 

It was peaceful. It was pretty. I felt free. 

Just being there, calmed my wolf down and I was able to think rationally. 

I finally gave up.

I figured that since I liked it there, I wanted to die there.

I waited a week for someone to show up. 

No one did.

I traveled by foot until I found a little town. It was totally secluded and there was no scent of werewolves. 

I settled down in my little piece of heaven, still waiting to be found. 

A month later, here I am. 

Not discovered.

“Hey, Kayla!” My boss, Denise, shouted at me from the kitchen. 

I snapped out of my daze. 

“I pay you to work not to sit there daydreaming, c’mon, order up!” She gestured towards the basket of chicken fingers and fries.

“Sorry, Boss.” I grabbed the basket and made my way to table two where a lonely old man came to eat his lunch every day. 

“Here you are Barney.” I set it in front of him.

“Thank you, Kayla dear.” He smiled.

I love old people.