Chapter 23

“You were planning to send wolves here to kill your family! What about Jay?! What about your mother?! My sister?! We all know none of them would have run away. What about me Mikayla?! Were you going to let them kill me or were you going to do it yourself? Just go! I’m being lenient. I can’t kill you. I just can’t. So just get out of here!” Ryder was screaming at me. 

Why did it hurt so much that Ryder wanted me gone?

I honestly am not one hundred percent sure about choosing to defend the Blood Moon Pack in the first place. I’m not going to lie, I didn’t think before I acted. I can’t decide if it was a mistake.

As for killing everyone, that’s how I was trained. They were cowards by running. They deserve to die harsher than those who had the balls to stay. This is standard fighting for rogues and since I learned to fight in the rogue pack, it’s all I know, and I don’t feel bad about it. 

‘So just get out of here!’ Ryder’s voice echoed in my head. 

I had a plan though. Ryder and my family weren’t going to be near the pack when the Rejects Rogue Pack attacked.

I saw Jay out of the corner of my eye. He looked betrayed. I’m glad my mother wasn’t here and she didn’t know my secret. More than half the pack had to have heard Ryder’s screaming, so I know she will find out. 

“I wasn’t going to let them kill you. Or my family.” I spoke quietly. If I tried talking louder, I’m sure I would cry. In fact, I would be crying any second now. 

I turned and ran into the woods. If they don’t want me here, I wont stay. 

My wolf was howling in misery at losing her mate once again. 

I wish I could howl in misery with her, but right now I need to focus on getting out of Blood Moon territory. 

I shifted into my wolf and sprinted, dodging trees at extreme speeds. 

It was exhilarating. The adrenaline kept me going. 

I couldn’t go back to the Rejects. I’d probably be killed for being a traitor. I don’t know if I want to go back anyway. Without Logan, there is nothing for me there. Blue Mountain would definitely not be safe either. 

I don’t even have clothes on my back, nevertheless money to stay somewhere for the night. 

I decided to head to a bank and see if I could gain access to one of Logan and I’s accounts. 

First, I need clothes. 

I ran along the edges of the woods, looking for a clothing store. 

After over two hours, I saw an Angel, also known as Target. 

Hallelujah!

It’s around four in the afternoon on a Wednesday, so it was virtually empty. 

I stalked closer and into the parking lot, hiding in between the worker’s cars.

I got as close to the entrance as I could before shifting back to two legs. 

I covered myself as best as I could with my hands before charging into the store. 

The first thing I saw was the food court, where a mother was eating with her kids. 

Sorry!

I dashed past them. The women’s department was right next to it. 

I grabbed the first things I saw and threw them on. 

Way too big sweat pants and a way too small t shirt.