Chapter 30

I woke up with Ryder’s arms around my waist. His body was perfectly aligned with mine. It felt right. Like this how it was meant to be from the beginning. 

I turned in his arms and faced him. 

He was shirtless. 

Holy mother of pearl! That boy has an eight pack.

I traced it with my fingers and he shivered. 

“If you keep doing that, I’m going to have to take a cold shower.” He mumbled.

I retracted my hand quickly. “Sorry.”

“Mm.” He pulled me closer to him and sleepily kissed the top of my head. He still hasn’t opened his eyes.

We laid there for around fifteen minutes just soaking up the closeness. 

“What time is it?” I broke the silence.

“I don’t know.”

I made a move roll over so that I can see the alarm clock, but he pulled me back to him. 

“No.” He whined.

“I was just checking the time.” I broke him hold on me and looked at the clock. 

It was a quarter past noon.

“We need to get up.” I reluctantly rolled out of bed.

“I don’t wanna.” He sounded like a pouting five year old.

“Ryder, there’s a war brewing, one that we are most likely going to lose. We need to get our shit together.” I started walking towards the bathroom.

“I know. You are right.” He hopped out of bed and ran up behind me. Hugging me from behind, he rested his head on my shoulder and took a deep breath.

I rested my arms on his for a second.

“What’s up with all the touchy feely stuff today?”

“I just missed you is all.” He mumbled. He let me go and I closed the bathroom door in his face.

“I guess you don’t want to save water and share a shower then?” He jokingly asked through the door.

“Nope.” I haven’t even kissed Ryder yet. That may sound really prudish, but I was engaged to Logan not that long ago. Plus, Ryder murdered my fiance. I forgave him for that.

I’ll kiss him soon. I just don’t want him to get distracted right now. We’re probably going to die because of this war. The odds are against us. That much is obvious. A distracted Ryder is not going to help our already hopeless situation.

I’m going to have to face the pack today. I’m not going to lie, I’m a little nervous on  how they will react.

I’m not nervous that they wont give me their approval or that they will be mad at me. I’m a cold blooded killer. I couldn’t care less on what they think of me. However if one of them tries to attack me, I’ll have to kill them and I don’t want Ryder to stress over it or have to chose between me and his pack. 

I was out of the shower in five minutes and dressed. 

I brushed through my thick jet black hair. After towel drying it the best I could, I threw it up in a messy bun. 

When I opened the bathroom door, Ryder was dressed and ready as well. “We’ll get lunch, and then I need have meeting with my higher ranks and battle strategist.” 

I sighed. I really didn’t want alone time with his pack, but I can’t complain. “Okay.”

One word to describe the atmosphere was awkward. A word to describe the way Blood Moon was staring at me is hostile.