Chapter 11

I woke up with a killer headache. 

Did I drink too much or something? I opened my eyes. Wait, where am I? I didn’t recognize the gray walls. I took a deep breath and smelled...

Wait. 

The memories came rushing back to me. 

“I’m sorry, but you’re not leaving. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever.” His words echoed through my head. 

Logan’s office. The pain. Logan. 

My eyes immediately teared up. I’m definitely not the type of girl to cry. Since I left I’ve only cried a few times. Tears are a weakness. I don’t have weaknesses. 

An arm snaked around my waist from behind. The smell. It’s him. I bolted up as fast as I could. 

He was laying on the bed resting like nothing happened. Like he didn’t kill the only man that I have ever truly loved.

“Mikayla!” He smiled in delight. He fucking smiled at me! “You’re awake my love! You were out cold for over a week.” He bit his bottom lip in concern. How dare he be concerned for me!

Wait, a week?! My pack must be going absolutely crazy. I know I would be if it was one of my own. 

He stood up and tried to hug me. 

“Get away from me!” I screeched at him stumbling backwards. I haven’t stumbled in like three years.

He rolled his eyes and smirked as if I was being childish. “Don’t go all hysterical on me, love of my life. It had to be done. I know you’re not very happy with me right now, but I think we should start over. We’re way over due for a fresh start, don’t you think?”

“A fresh start? A fresh FUCKING START? Try telling that to Logan. Oh wait. You can’t ‘cause he’s dead.” My voice cracked when I admitted that for the first time. 

“You killed him.” I whispered. 

“You killed him, you sick son of a bitch!” I screamed at him, my voice full of pure agony. 

“Okay.” He said slowly, his hands raised in the universal sigh of surrender. “I see you’re still upset. I’ll just give you some time to cool off, eh?” 

That’s when I lost it. 

I lunged at him, shifting midair. He shifted reluctantly.

My human side wanted to go for his neck, but my wolf would not let me kill her mate. She was beyond angry at him, but she didn’t want him dead.

We compromised for his leg. I snapped my jaws onto his leg. He let out a loud whimper. 

I automatically let go. His pack bursted into the room after hearing his cries. 

They quickly pulled me off of him, and I let them. I could probably kill all of them, but I know I wouldn’t be able to actually kill Ryder. There’s no point in gnawing at his leg. I’ll heal in seconds anyway.

I shifted back. As soon as he saw I was human, he shifted back. His face was red in anger. Good. I wanted him angry at me.

“OUT!” Roared Ryder. I tilted my head in confusion. 

“Um, I thought you kidnapped me, but I’ll just go then...” I started walking toward the door. 

”Not you.” I halted. “Them.” He glared at everyone in the room. That’s when I realized I was butt naked. He wasn’t mad at me, he was mad at them.