Chapter 21

I woke up with Ryder’s arms around me.

After the Ferris wheel, we decided to go home. I must have fallen asleep in the car because all I remember is Ryder carrying me to his room. He sat me on the bed. 

I’m grateful he didn’t change me into night clothes. 

First off, it’s only been one date. I’m way uncomfortable with him changing me. 

He’s already seen my body when I change back and forth from my wolf, but so did the rest of the pack. This felt intimate and I was definitely not ready for that. 

Plus, I can sleep in jeans. It doesn’t bother me. What is everyone complaining about?

After he pulled the covers over me, he laid down next to me and went to sleep.

I enjoyed the feeling of his arms around me for about an hour before slipping out of them, and going to the bathroom to pee.

I washed my hands and brushed my teeth. 

Wandering back into the bedroom, I sifted through the closet and pulled out jean shorts and a band t shirt.

I took a shower and got changed. 

I was in the middle of drying my hair when a knock sounded on the bathroom door. 

“Come in!” I yelled.

Ryder opened the door. “Hey Mika. I hate to kick you out but I really gotta piss...” 

I flicked off the hair dryer. 

“Classy.” I stepped out.

“Hey I would just go, but I don’t want to make you uncomfortable.” He shut the door. I walked over to the mirror and chose just to throw my hair up in a bun so I don’t have to finish drying it. 

I was lounging around on the bed when Ryder finished in the bathroom. 

“I wanna talk to you real quick.” His breath was minty.

“Okay. I have nothing else to do anyway.” I mumbled. 

“That’s actually what i wanted to talk to you about. I want you to be here of your own free will. You are my mate and I love you. I don’t want to force you to be with me.:”

“Now that I think about it, I had tons of chances to escape on our date last night and I didn’t. The thought didn’t even cross my mind. I’m definitely not really to say the ‘L’ word, hell, I’m not even ready to kiss you, but me giving you another chance had nothing to do with the fact that I was locked in your bedroom.”

“I’m going to set you free, well at least give you a lot more freedom. If you leave me, I’m going after you, though. Not because you’re mine, but because I love you and I need you.” 

“Let’s get breakfast.” I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the room. 

When we got downstairs, everyone went silent.

After at least a full minute of awkward silence, Jay broke it.

“Hey, I guess your date went well.” He wiggled his eyebrows. 

“Ew!” I yelled at him. “You are my brother. You’re not supposed to say stuff like that.”

He thought for a minute and then scrunched his nose up in disgust. “Ugh, you are right. What the hell was I thinking.”

“ROGUES!” A wolf ran into the pack house kitchen. “Rogues along the border!”

“How many?” Ryder asked calmly.