Bonus Chapter #2

This takes place the morning that Mikky first arrives back in Blood Moon with Logan

Jay’s POV

Having a mate that is three years younger than you might not seem like a big deal, but when she’s only sixteen and you are nineteen, you have to keep your hands to yourself. Not to mention the fact that it makes you feel like a creeper. I mean, Mel is a kid still.

I was eating waffles by the bar in the kitchen. Melissa was frying up bacon.

Usually, my mother would make all the meals, but as the days go by without her mate, her ability to focus deteriorates more and more. 

I love my little mate. 

She’s everything that I could ever ask for. She’s beautiful, but not full of herself. She is kind, but definitely not a pushover. She’s seductive, but not slutty. All in all, she’s perfect.

One thing she wasn’t good at is cooking. She didn’t know that though.

She placed her finished product in front of me and a few others. It was so burn, it was black.

The things that I do for my mate...

I forced a smile on my face. The proud smirk she gave me in return, turned my fake smile into a real one. I ate the bacon.

It was awful. 

Once we are mated and have pups, we will be ordering a lot of takeout.

The others that she gave the bacon to were less willing to try it. With a subtle growl in their way, they stuffed in down their throat.

“Was it any good?” She asked innocently.

“It was delicious.” I replied. “Now, off to school.” She was leaving to do into the city for a school trip for a couple days. I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t happy about it, but I trust her. I’m just going to miss her.

“Need help grabbing your bag?” I asked her, trying to get a minute alone with her.

“Yeah, sure. Thanks.” She caught on.

Swishing her blonde ponytail behind her, she climbed the stairs. I stared at her hair. It was one of my favorite things about her. I was with her when she had the pink highlights done. 

She told Ryder that she was going to hang out with one of her friends. We went out and just had a fun day. It wasn’t romantic, but it was one of the best days of my life. 

Once she closed her bedroom door behind her, I gathered her in my arms, reveling in the familiar electric buss that I felt when we touched.

“Two more years and everyone can know.” I rocked her in my arms.

“I still have to say bye to Ryder before I have to go. I’ll be back in a couple days and we can go get ice cream or something.” She whispered in my ear. It wasn’t meant seductively, but I couldn’t help the shiver that went down my spine.

“I love you.” I kissed her forehead. 

“I love you too.” She answered pulling away.

I picked up her bag and slung it over my shoulder. “Ryder is still in his room.”

I walked back down the stairs and put her bag in her car.

After Mel left, Ryder came downstairs and started making coffee.

“The Blue Mountain Pack should be here any minute.” He sat at the kitchen nook, so he had a perfect view of the driveway.

My cellphone rang and I answered it immediately. “Jay.”

“Beta, a black SUV has just entered our territory. It smells like wolf.” The third in command, Robert, informed me. 

“Follow it and make sure that they make their way here.” I hung up.

“They should be here in ten minutes tops. I don’t know what it is, but there’s something weird going on. Blue Mountain doesn’t talk to anyone. No one even knows the Alpha’s name nevertheless what they look like. Why would they choose us to talk to after decades of silence?” I confided in the Alpha. 

He nodded. “I wont deny that it is odd, but this could be a golden opportunity to have an alliance with them. We could see just how big or small their numbers are. We owe it to the werewolf community to find out what is up with them.”

That didn’t make me feel better. We know nothing about these wolves, yet, we are welcoming them into our territory like we are friends. 

I have a bad feeling about this. 

______________________

40k reads! 
Thank you guys so much!

I'm publishing Shadow West on Wattpad right after I update this, so feel free to check that out. Updates on that will be once a week, plus early updates when milestones are hit.

I should start editing some time this week (finally). There will be more scenes added, grammar/spelling corrections, and things just to make the story flow better. It is still up in the air if I'm going to rewrite Rejected? Whatever! but that is honestly the last thing on my mind right now.

I'm not positive if I'm going to make another bonus chapter for this. I'm not going to lie, it is a hundred times harder than I thought it would be to let this story go. 

VOMMENT!
Anubis xx