Chapter 15

Ryder was furious. His face was flushed with anger. 

Uh, oh.

I bit my lip nervously. I feel like a kid that got caught with the cookie jar. Ryder crossed his arms across his broad chest. I took a millisecond to admire the way his biceps bulged. When I moved my eyes back to his face, I was relieved to know that he didn’t notice.

He just glared at me. 

“Umm...” Obviously I can’t tell him who I was actually on the phone with, but I can’t think of a lie. In the last four years, I’ve told more lies than I have the truth, yet I can’t think of one little fib now?

“I called the pizza man.” I said sarcastically. Maybe if I sass him, he’ll get distracted and forget about the call. 

He growled at me and started shaking slightly. Ok, maybe not the best way to go after all...

“MY LUNA WILL NOT DISRESPECT ME!” He roared getting all up in my face.

Whoa, back up buddy.

If it was anyone but him, I would have taken it as a challenge and killed them, however, whether I like it or not, Ryder is my mate. My wolf wouldn’t let me fight him again.

That doesn’t mean I can’t argue with him. I could still distract him from the call byand just making him super mad at me.

“Too bad I’m not your Luna, huh?” I rest me hand on my hip.

He reached out and grabbed my arms roughly. 

Damn that’s gonna bruise. 

My wolf still wouldn’t let me fight back. She was head over heels for him. 

How could she forget everything he did to us? He’s grabbing us right now for God’s sake!

“Tell. Me. Who. You. Called.” He ordered through clenched teeth.

“Your Mom.” I spat at him.

His eyes darkened even more, and his grip tightened. I felt his claws start to grow from his fingers, digging painfully into my arms. He slammed me into the wall, pinning me there.

Shit. Maybe I went a little too far, considering his mom is dead and all...

I felt a warm substance gush down my arms. I looked to my left and saw that it was blood.

“If I have to torture you, I will. You will tell me who was on that phone and what you told them.” He growled lowly at me.

His claws dug deeper into my open wounds. 

I whimpered.

“Stop.” I choked, still not shedding a tear. I will not cry for Ryder ever again.

That seemed to snap him out of his haze of rage.

His eyes widened, and he stepped back. He eyed my arms, where blood was gushing all the way down my arms, to my wrists, down to my finger tip and dripping onto the concrete floor. He flinched.

He looked down at his hands. My blood covered them.

His face transformed from anger into horror.

“Mate.” He whispered brokenly. He took a step closer to me as if he wanted to take away my pain, but I side stepped away from him. 

His face crumbled.

“Don’t. I will not be abused. Mate or not, I am no one’s punching bag.” I spat at him and stormed up the stairs.