Chapter 31

Ryder grabbed my arm and started dragging me in the direction of the basement.

“Hey!” I protested. “Haven’t we been over this? I fight. I don’t sit out like a wuss. I’m a better fighter than you for Christ’s sake!”

“No!” He roared still pulling me by my arm.

“I’ve led raids that have been ten times worse than a hundred rouges. I’ve helped train more than half of them. I know their fighting style.” I ripped my arm out of his grasp.

I stormed out of the pack house, Ryder was trailing behind me, pouting. 

I saw my mother ushering the kids inside. 

“If you see any males or woman that is not a mother and is over sixteen trying to hid, pull them outside by their goddamn ear.” I ordered her, using my Luna voice. 

She nodded sharply.

I’ve been in enough fights to know that there will always be cowards.

“Marvin!” I called out to a pack member that was pacing nervously. “Get your ass in gear! Find a high ranked wolf and figure out what you’re supposed to be doing because it sure as hell isn’t pacing back and forth.”

He bowed his head and scurried off.

I found Ryder’s fourth in command at the outside training arena. “Ron, round up some wolves and scout out exactly where the enemy is. I was to know which direction they are heading in and what their plan of attack is.”

“Yes, Luna.” He nodded and jogged away.

“Damn, Mika. That whole luna voice thing is sexy.” Ryder wrapped his arms around me from behind.

“Not the time.” I tore away from him and continued going around telling people what to do. 

*

Fifteen minutes later, Ron came running back to me.

“Why the hell did you leave your post!” I yelled at him.

“Luna, I have information. I left four pack members there to keep an eye on them. It looks like they are going to try to surround us and attack from all sides. They don’t want anyone to get away.”

Me. They don’t want me to get away.

“They have only a hundred or so wolves. That’s stupid! If they all circle around us, it’ll be easy to break out. You’d only have to get past two or three of them to create a hole in the circle and break out.” 

He nodded, understanding what I was saying.

“Okay, I want you to find Jay and tell him that I want our warriors in the middle. Try to keep them in small groups of three or four. We’ll have them attack together. We just have to shake up their formation and it will be complete chaos. They wont know what to do. After that, I want you back with the scouts.” 

When I was in the Rejects Rouge Pack, I was a major part of their battle strategizing. I’d stay up all night think of new battle plans. Logan was also a great strategist. 

Logan’s father didn’t work well under a time limit, hence we only had one raid a year, and Jason was completely crappy at it. 

As for the rouge warriors, they are used to following the Rouge Alpha’s orders. They never question them because none of our plans have every failed. So, when it we screw up their plan, they will not know what to do.

Ryder was practically breathing down my neck. “Ryder, find something productive to do! Check on the kids and mothers. Round up the people that are just wandering around. Go talk to Jay. Just for the love of everything, leave me alone.” I shooed him away.