Chapter 22 RYDER'S POV

RYDER'S POV

We killed off every one of them. Every. Single. One.

Mika killed about a third of them. All by herself.

I don't know how I feel about that.

She tore through them like it was no big deal, like it means nothing to take a life. A part of me, the animal part, was proud of how our mate protected the pack like a Luna should.

When packs fight in as large numbers as this, we fight until one side surrenders or runs away. If we're constantly killing everyone, the population would decrease too much.

Mika didn't let them run. She chased them down and made their death more painful because of their cowardliness.

A man stepped out from behind the brush.He looked about my age, maybe a year or two older or younger. He had brown hair and green eyes the same shade as Logan's. In fact, besides the color of his hair, he was a carbon copy of him.

The man had an Alpha authority about him, but that's impossible. Rogues don't have packs.

There's only one that I've heard of and it's a myth, a tale told to scare children.

"Mikky, sweetheart." He spoke, his voice soothing in a way that did not please my wolf or I. "We've come to bring you home. You don't need to fight with them. I know it was just the Ruthless inside of you that killed your own pack, but it's time to go home."

She was panicking. I saw the spark of recognition in her eyes. She knew him.

Was this her rescue?

Was he the mysterious caller?

But he's a rogue. They are all rogues.

She has been with the Blue Mountain Pack these past years, so how does she know him?

In fact, I recognize a few of the dead wolves that were littering the forest floor. They were wolves that I banished in the last couple years.

"I-I, Jason..." She stuttered. Mika never stuttered. "I'm not going back."

Her voice was firm, but my heart still broke. Mika has been a bad girl over the last four years. I wasn't sure I even wanted to know the details, but I need to hear it.

"Mika, explain."

She looked back at me, her face full of sorrow. "Ryder, it's my past. I'd rather not revisit it."

"It's not up to you whether you want to 'revisit'" I used air quotes, "it! My pack was attacked and I want to know what the hell is going on!"

She flinched, but I didn't back down.

"What is going on Mikky? Let's go! Half of the men I brought here are dead. We can sort out your feelings and all that crap when we get home." The guy she called Jason tried to persuade her.

"Kill him." I ordered the warriors around me.

They all charged at once.

"I'll be around Luna." He took off into the woods with my warriors hot on his tail.

I ignored the insignificant rogue and turned to fully face Mika.

"What is going on? I want answers. All. Of. Them."

"When I left, I joined a... Rogue pack." She sighed.

"Those don't exist!"

"There's only one that I know of, and I was a part of it. They made me what I am today. I would still be weak Mikayla without them." She smiled fondly when she thought of them.