Chapter 32

TWO MONTHS LATER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Liam's P.O.V.***

There was a sort of nervous anticipation on the car ride through Virginia. We were all about ready to pass out from the exhaustion of the tour combined with the fact that none of us got any sleep last night due to our excitement for today. Harry had fallen asleep sometime after we had gotten into the car which was a bit of a surprise due to the fact that he was probably the most nervous out of us all.

We had just gotten onto break during our tour, and you could most likely guess what we were doing with that break. The second we had gotten the okay to head over to America, we were on our way to go see Eira. She'd probably slam the door in our face, but we wanted to see how she was doing now and try to apologize.

Apologize.

That word seemed so dwarfed compared to what we should be doing. We should be turning ourselves in for kidnapping her in the first place. We should be in jail right now with her father, but we weren't. I think one of the most surprising things was that she hadn't told the police that we had been the original kidnappers. So, that was another reason for our visit I guess, because we were curious to know the reason as to why we weren't behind bars yet.

"Do you think she'll have changed much since we last saw her?" Niall wondered from the back of the car, sitting up a bit straighter as we neared the road that her house was on. Thank God Harry had kept her letter with the address on it; I would have been lost if we hadn't had it.

"It's only been months, Niall, not years," I chuckled, trying to keep my own nervousness from showing.

"Maybe we could sing to her," Niall suggested, being the vocal one to fill the void that a sleeping Harry was leaving.

"I think we should stick to the simple stuff," I replied as politely as possible, glancing through the mirror in the front to see the boys in different states. Zayn was fiddling around and being quiet for the most part; in contrast, Louis looked as though he was about to explode while he mumbled nervous comments under his breath and let his knee bounce about a mile a minute. Harry was snoring a little as his body slouched in the seat like a palm tree that was beginning to bend. Niall was rattling off questions non-stop, and I was left to answer them.

Finally, we pulled up to the familiar driveway, and I cut the engine off. While it sputtered out its last few groans of shutting down, I twisted in my seat to look at Niall. "Wake up Harry, yeah? We should discuss what we're going to do." Niall nodded and went to do as I said as the other two boys looked to me with nervous eyes. "We just need to stay calm, guys."

"Yeah," Louis agreed.

There were the grumbles and groans from a slowly awakening Harry who rubbed at his eyes and stretched out his long limbs (almost hitting Niall in the face while doing so). The emerald green of his eyes seemed to analyze his surroundings before he let out a yawn and tried to speak, "we're here?"

"Yeah, you ready?" I wondered, waiting for his reply when he took forever to answer the simple question.

"No, but when will I ever be?" he huffed, straightening himself out before reaching for the door handle. "What are we going to do? Just walk up and knock on the door?"

I looked over at the house and then my eyes widened. There was an audible gulp from Louis as well who had looked out the window as well. There she was, walking out of the house while carrying a fold-able metal chair and having her mother and step father trailing behind. There was also that other boy; the one that she had hung out with the day that we first met her. She gave our car a glance, but probably couldn't see us due to the tinted windows.

I took a deep breath, "just try to act normal." Louis scoffed slightly, and then we were all practically tackling each other to get out of the car first. Eira looked over to the car again due to the new commotion, and the look of horror in her eyes was enough to make me think that this was a bad idea.  She dropped the folding chair abruptly, letting the metal clang against the pavement of the driveway. Her family and friend looked to her curiously, then they saw us and they smiled. They were smiling, but she certainly wasn't

However, within the matters of seconds, something seemed to snap and she forced a smile onto her lips while she met us halfway up the drive way. She wasn't yelling or freaking out at us even though I knew that that was probably what she wanted to do right now. Her features remained calm while she walked to us, embracing me quickly. I rocked back on my heels slightly, feeling a bit surprised but overjoyed at the gesture. She pulled away after a short time, and was about to move on to hug Niall, but I held her out in front of me.

"Eira, we just came to-," I started, but she soon interrupted me. Hher words were loud enough for the boys and I to hear, but I doubted that her family and friend could hear her.

"I don't care about what you came here to do," she grumbled, the happy smile starting to dissappear now that she was facing away from her family and friend. "After I this I want you all gone, okay? Don't come back here to say you're sorry, and don't even think about trying anything again. I've been lying to save you guys' butts for two months and I would hate to have to get a restraining order and have to explain why."

I looked to her with shock, glancing at the other boys to see that they were all quite the same. Louis, who was at the very end of our formed line, was the first one to have the shock turn into a look of pure grief. Disregarding our looks of shock and sadness, she gathered Niall, Zayn, Harry, and Louis into hugs before pullign away with a sober expression. Well, she tried to pull away.

Louis had a tight grip on her when she tried to pull away, and it was evident that she was trying to break free. He wouldn't let her go, even when we tried to persuade him to, and I thought I saw a tear run down his cheek. Louis had managed to stay strong through all of this; yet, now the one who had never cried through it all was starting to fall apart.

"Louis," Eira wheezed out, and Louis let out his own strangled cry before she went on, "my rib."

He immediately released her at that; stammering over words slightly while more tears began to fall from his eyes, "I'm sorry, Mai, I didn't mean to. I really am sorry."

She shook her head, making his mouth snap shut. Then, she turned on her heel and hurried away from us to join her family and friend. All we could do for a moment was watch on with our dumbfounded gazes.

She hates us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry that it was short; I will try to make up for it in the next update which should be longer :)

-cow_queen