Chapter 9

Yellow, guys! I am so sorry that I didn't update on Tuesday; things happen. Hopefully this chapter doesn't turn out to be crap. I hope you enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Mai's P.O.V.***

''I hate you so much right now,'' Zayn told me as he looked at his reflection in the mirror. I had spiked up his hair and now he looked like a Japanese rock star. Apparently, he wasn't too fond of the new look.

''I love you too,'' I laughed before starting to flatten out all of his gelled up hair. Now he just looked like... I have no idea of what he looked like but it was freaky. Louis and Harry were laughing behind me and I giggled as his glare returned. There was a knock on the door and we all fell silent before I went to answer it. Liam stood on the other side; his eyes were red and puffy obviously from crying and I excused myself from the boys. As soon as I shut the door behind me I was brought into a hug by Liam. His hug was so warm and comfortable as his arms wrapped around my waist and his forehead rested on my shoulder. They were almost as good as Niall's hugs.

''Thank you so much,'' he whispered as I felt him start to shake slightly. I rubbed his back gently before he pulled away. ''Lets go down the hall a little bit, I don't think it'd be best for the boys to know yet,'' he instructed and I nodded before following him down the hallway. When he stopped at the end he wiped at his eyes and then drew a shaky breath, ''you have no idea how grateful I am that you walked in before he could- could...''

I hugged Liam again as he chocked on the words, ''I'm glad I did, but I'm just thankful that I was able to stop him.''

Liam laughed in between sniffles, ''it's not just him you know. You've helped us all so much already. Harry and Louis have only yelled at each other once since you've been with us, Niall actually seems happier aside from what just happened, and Zayn isn't being as quiet as he has been in the last few months.''

''It's been fun for me too, I think it's just what I needed really,'' I confessed.

''I'm happy to hear that,'' he replied before pulling away from the hug. ''Niall talked to me about the room arrangement and I said it's okay. Just keep Nialler from trying to do anything he might regret.''

''I don't think he'd do it again,'' I assured Liam, ''but I'll be there if he tries it again.''

Liam nodded and started to pull me towards my old room with Zayn, ''I'll help you get your stuff.''

''Thanks,'' I said as we walked into the room. Zayn, Harry, and Louis were laughing when we stepped into the room but it slowly died down when Liam grabbed my suitcase and headed towards the door with me in tow.

''Where are you guys going?'' Louis asked with a small smile still playing at his lips.

''Mai's switching to Niall's room and I'm going to sleep in here with Zayn,'' Liam answered with a shrug.

Harry's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, ''why?''

''Niall asked for a room change,'' Liam told him and I prayed he wouldn't ask anymore questions. For a moment Harry's jaw clenched and unclenched as he blinked a few times, probably surprised.

''oh,'' he simply said before turning towards Louis and Zayn. I looked towards Liam for an explanation but he just shrugged in response before walking out the door. I followed him until we got to Niall's room and he hugged me one more time before letting me enter the room by myself. When I was inside I saw Niall laying on his bed, his knee propped up with an extra pillow. I remembered how he had said it had been hurting earlier and I wondered if Liam had given him anything for it.

''Your knee feeling a bit better?'' I questioned.

He looked up at me with a questioning look on his face since he didn't know I had entered. ''Oh, yeah, it's a lot better now,'' he supplied and I smiled as I walked to his bed and sat down next to him.

''Today's been a long day,'' I sighed.

He nodded, ''indeed it has.''

''I think I'm going to hit the hay,'' I told him and he nodded before pulling me closer to himself in a tight hug.

''Is there any particular song you'd like me to sing?'' he queried.

''Nah, you can pick,'' I replied and soon after I heard the hum of his voice drifting through the air softly. Just like all the other times I had listened to his solos before bed; his voice put me to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's really short but I have to update Found as well so I have to end it there. I'm sorry if it was really bad but today's not my best day. I will update next Tuesday so see you then. Hope you have a good rest of the day!

-cow_queen