Chapter 1

Yellow, so obviously this is the first chapter in ITIBK. It might be a little weird but I'll probably go back and edit later. So lets get this party started! Picture on the side is what I think Mai looks like, but your idea could be different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Mai's P.O.V.***

My heavy rock music played in my room as I jumped around on my bed with only my bathing suit on. Suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring and I nearly fell off of my bed in surprise. Clay was here already? I rushed to put on my shorts, jumping around like a crazy person to stay balanced. Grabbing my plaid, flannel, too big, button up shirt, I pulled both arms through the sleeves and left it unbuttoned for the time being. ''Ay! There's someone hear to see you!'' my mom called.

''It's just Clay, mom, you can stop being so formal,'' I assured her as I approached her and the door. She was about to protest but I cut her off, not rudely, but I already knew what she was going to say. I kissed her cheek and then called back, ''I should be home around 4:30! I love you!'' I stepped onto my front porch after closing the door. I began to button up my shirt while talking to Clay, ''you said twenty minutes, Clay, that was not twenty minutes.'' I finally looked up, on my third to last button, and realized that it wasn't Clay. ''You're not Clay,'' I said, stating the obvious.

''Are you E. Mai Kendrick?'' an unmistakable British accent asked kindly. Always the daddy of the group.

''Yes,'' I nodded.

''We're One Direction!'' a perky Irish accent said. I looked up at the blond boy, probably smiling like an idiot. Niall.

''You got my letter?'' I wondered excitedly, it was obvious that they had though, seeing as they were standing on my front porch. The only way thy would know my address is if they read the letter.

''Yeah, and we're sorry it took so long to get here. We had to wait until we were on tour,'' Zayn explained.

I looked at the other boys, my eyes stopping at Louis when I saw that he looked like he was about to explode. He looked at Liam and rushed to say, ''can I do it now, Liam?''

Liam nodded, ''go ahead, Lou.''

Louis beamed with happiness and lunged for me, pulling me into a bone crushing hug. ''Thank you for saying all those nice things. You have no idea how much it meant to us,'' he said as he squeezed me tightly. I knew he was referring to my letter, which was laced with compliments and encouragement for the boys.

I hugged Louis back, rubbing his back reassuringly even through his bear hug. ''Everything I said was true,'' I mumbled into his chest. I pulled away from him, giving him a smile when I saw the slightly sad look on his face. ''I didn't actually expect you to come,'' I confessed.

''Well we wanted to talk to you about that song that you wrote for us,'' Liam stated.

''Um, how much time do you have?'' I asked, thinking about how Clay would be here soon. I know that it was One stinkin' Direction, but if I cancelled on Clay again I think he would've had a fit.

''We have a day off today, tomorrow we head off to Washington,'' Louis said with a mischievous look on his face.

''We were actually wondering if you had enough room for us in your house,'' Liam pondered.

I nodded, ''there's two guest rooms and a fold out couch. If you don't mind sleeping in pairs that should work, if you prefer to sleep alone then there's two couches also,'' then I sighed, ''but over all you'd have to bring it up with my mom.''

This time they nodded. I smiled at the boys just as Clay's truck pulled up to my driveway. I looked them over again, stopping at Harry when I realized that he hadn't said anything during the whole time they were on my porch. His mouth was open slightly as he stared at me and I chuckled when I saw him. ''I'll be back in a while,'' I said as I waved to Clay who was walking out to meet me halfway, ''the door should be open, and Harry, there's a lot of bugs here in Virginia so you might want to close your mouth before one flies in.'' I gave them all one last smile before I walked to Clay, ''you look like a carrot, Clay.''

''Carrots!" Louis exclaimed from behind me on the porch.

''No, Louis,'' I heard Liam say.

I smiled at their distant words before hugging Clay. ''Am I a huggable carrot?'' he asked with a laugh.

''Very huggable,'' I mumbled.

''Then I'm okay with that,'' he said as he pulled away from me and opened his truck's door, ''c'mon, lets get to this carrot's pool.'' I jumped into the truck and looked out the window at the boys who were all huddled in a group on my porch, talking about who knows what while Harry and Louis were both looking at me through the window. I looked away as I heard Clay's door close and I smile at him. ''Who are the guys standing on your porch?'' he asked as he pulled out of my driveway.

''They're One Direction,'' I said with a huge smile on my face.

Clay glanced at me and then sighed, ''let it out, just don't make me crash.''

I took a deep breathe and then giggled, ''One Direction is standing on my porch.''

''Hm, that wasn't so bad-,'' he muttered.

''Oh my gosh! And they might stay at my house!'' I gushed loudly and he swerved in surprise, ''can you believe this?''

''They're just a couple of guys,'' he shrugged.

I sighed, ''I know, but I just never thought that this day would come.''

''What's your dad going to say when he finds out they're staying at your house?'' Clay asked.

''He's at work until tomorrow so he doesn't really have a say, it's all up to mom...'' I replied. As we drove to his house I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. I couldn't believe that they were at my house, right now, waiting to talk to me. This was a dream come true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's it for the first chapter, I will try to update this soon. I hope you enjoyed. :)

-cow_queen